1995 Specialized Hardrock Ultra - here we go again :D

mamadirt

Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Been playing away with bigger bikes for a while but as generally happens in the summer hols, an old girl's thoughts turn to retro restorations :LOL: . Been fixing up a friend's wreck of a Muddy Fox and got the yearning for rigid forks and cantis again, so tomorrow I collect this . . .

p4pb9982331.jpg

Not as tiny or desirable as the last project but I fell in love with the black cherry paint job :p . . . now where's my polish?

Collected it this afternoon - it's no tiny Kona but it's pretty damn nice - full cromoly, butted main tubes and lovely conditon - not bad for £45. Mudguards are now off and its wearing v lever STIs which have to go. Here we go again! :LOL:

Quick spin in the sunshine - rides really nicely. The 'Enterprise' shifters have got to go though and V levers don't play well with cantis (note to self: you cannot rag a rigid, rim braked, skinny tyred bike through the woods with the same gay abandon as the Hooker :LOL: ) - damn good fun though :p .

p4pb9990665.jpg

Staple MX101 levers on order as are decent shifters courtesy of Mr Panda :D . Now . . . what tiny Kona to upgrade the frame with? :roll:

You really want to replace that frame? I don't recall any problems with the HardRock's geometry, weight or structural integrity. It's a nice bike really.

Yes it is a very nice frame - top condition too, but I know the Konaphile in me can't resist - best stay away from ebay for a while :LOL:

mamadirt":18mgr7ct said:
Quick spin in the sunshine - rides really nicely. The 'Enterprise' shifters have got to go though and V levers don't play well with cantis

Check the brake levers again. Some Shimano levers could be used for V or Canti depending on where you hooked up the cable.

Ah yes, I remember - think I had a pair like that once. They've sold now anyway so the new build with have MX101s :D

Damn short legs :( . Frame has now been stripped down and about to hit a well-known auction site later this evening. Any offers of tiny replacements, you know who to call :? - 12.5" GTs, 14" or I guess 16" (as standover clearance should be a little better) Konas all greatfully received :p .

Latest posts

Back