6 speed freewheel

Chuck moo

Retro Guru
I need a 6 speed freewheel that goes up to between 26 and 28 teeth. I am pushing a 22 tooth around at the minute and its hilly and my knees are starting to moan. I have record hubs and don't mind paying for a decent freewheel.
Cheers john

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
First double check that the rear mech can cope with the large cog :). I have bought from campyoldy, not the cheapest but the kit I got was brand new from the 70's and I have never heard a bad word about him. Any chance of getting a smaller chainring ?

Shaun

Midlife":3hotwizw said:
First double check that the rear mech can cope with the large cog :). I have bought from campyoldy, not the cheapest but the kit I got was brand new from the 70's and I have never heard a bad word about him. Any chance of getting a smaller chainring ?

Shaun

I am running a 41 on a record chainset, so no smaller and the rear mech is super record and my homework said it should shift upto 28 teeth

Just to add, I had contact with Nigel at Campyoldy yesterday (following a few emails) and he was a pleasure to deal with and more than helpful - this was demonstrated by an email he sent me today with some answers to an odd query i had. I think if you have something specific you want, he will go out of his way to assist.

Richard

Chuck moo":1piozdd6 said:
Midlife":1piozdd6 said:

Shaun

I am running a 41 on a record chainset, so no smaller and the rear mech is super record and my homework said it should shift upto 28 teeth
41T front and 22 rear = 50" gear, a 39T ( smallest ring on Campy ) = 47"
or 39T and 28 rear even better 37" gear which I use on all but stupid silly 20% hills where I use a compact ( 34T front )

Back