What's the best retro looking new tyre?

The History Man":2desb0z5 said:
Are these they? Don't look very grippy? Tell maim wrong please as cheap as chips here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261252342124? ... 80&ff14=54

Charge Splashbacks are fine on dry and slightly damp trails. They are a bit scary when you hit any mud.
You really have to lean them over to take advantage of the knobs on the outside edges. There's not much in between.

Definitely not a winter tyre.

If the Halo Choir Master Race tyre was available in something narrower than 2.35 then it could well be the perfect all condition modern amberwall tyre.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks. Looking for a bit more grip as i'm a wuss. Currently loving Ritchey Zmax 1.7 WCS Folders. Low resistance but excellent grip.

+ 1 with the Halo Choir master. Though if you want something even bigger and more aggressive, then Onza Ibex are the badgers nadgers...You need a picture? Oh go on then :D

Attachments

• dalby2.jpg
    dalby2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 397
drystonepaul":oqg5ul3w said:
If the Halo Choir Master Race tyre was available in something narrower than 2.35 then it could well be the perfect all condition modern amberwall tyre.

The width is a bit of a limitation, although they're not massive by 2.35in standards. I wasn't actually expecting them to fit in the Cannondale (which isn't noted for big tyre clearance) but they do, albeit quite snugly ;)

Just waiting for my 2nd pair of Splashback 2.1's to arrive, love the looks and the ride is excellent upto now!

kermitgreenkona88":38qjq8iz said:
About the Splashbacks why not 2.1 :?:
Nothing wrong with them, but from what I've read they are quite big. I went for 1.8's to fit my Caygill and they are pretty fat (or is that phat), so if you have any clearance issues, you are probably safer with 1.8's.

THM: Grip wise I have ridden mine on pretty much all surfaces but in mostly dry or damp conditions and found them to be as good as anything else I have, and I believe Makster has used them at Mayhem without complaint.

Kenda still make skinwall MTB tyres, loads for sale in French, Spanish and Dutch supermarkets.

They mut be over here too.

Back