Chinese Oakleys

We_are_Stevo":1xoi8fq9 said:
Where do you think they come from in the first place?

I bet you think all your expensive brands of food come from different factories to the 'own brands' too don't you! :roll:

Firstly how do you know that they were made in the same factory, secondly what guarantee to the same standard?
Just because it comes from the same factory doesn't mean it is made to the same specification.

If you have never read the book 'Poorly Made in China' I suggest you do. It gives a frank insider's account.

Most people buy 'Oakleys' to pose in, not because of their ballistic capabilities...

...and my above reply was just poking a stick through the bars because the one before it was somewhat 'un-necessary!'

Oakley was bought out by Luxotica (Italy) several years ago (forced "merger", actually. Jannard went on to invest the $330M buyout in his other pet project, RED cameras). The glasses are still made in the Oakley factory to their specs. Stevo is trolling, as usual.

Problem with the knockoffs is the UV A/B blocking capabilities may be close to standards, but in all likely hood are non existent. The visible light is being blocked and you're eyes are wide open/pupils dilated. Your corneas are being bombarded with harmful rays, your eyes being "tricked" into thinking they're not. As always, you get what you pay for.

We_are_Stevo":2ncz57ke said:
Where do you think they come from in the first place?

I bet you think all your expensive brands of food come from different factories to the 'own brands' too don't you! :roll:

I know where most of my food comes from.

When it comes to protective eye wear I reckon paying a price is worth while.

FMJ; suggest you consult your modern dictionary re the term 'Trolling...'

...for someone who spends most of their time posting 'Ooh, look what I got/did/saw now!' you can be be very quick off the mark to judge others in poor light. :|

Troll (Internet)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about internet slang. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).
Page semi-protected

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]

You are a troll.

There, I said it. If you find that slanderous (remember, by definition, slander has to be an untruth) by all means, petition to have me given a time-out. It won't change the fact you troll this forum (for the most part).

We_are_Stevo":ncbxeqyu said:
the one before it was somewhat 'un-necessary!'
Apologies, this is RB so what I meant was

It's a bugger that customs have seized your fake Oakleys. Try Paypal to recover your money, the bastards, the bastards.

There's obviously no double standard in using one mega corporation to recover funds you cheated another mega corporation out of. Have your cake and eat it Retrobike style.

technodup":3sisqs4h said:
We_are_Stevo":3sisqs4h said:
the one before it was somewhat 'un-necessary!'
Apologies, this is RB so what I meant was

It's a bugger that customs have seized your fake Oakleys. Try Paypal to recover your money, the bastards, the bastards.

There's obviously no double standard in using one mega corporation to recover funds you cheated another mega corporation out of. Have your cake and eat it Retrobike style.

:LOL: Excellent! Intelligent humour wins hands down every time...:cool:

technodup":1n86anij said:
Anyone buying nasty Chinese shite deserves every pain that their dodgy workmanship can inflict on them.

There's plenty of genuine brands available at lower cost if you can't stomach Oakley prices. If you want the quality/look/kudos then pay for it.

Counterfeiters are parasitic scum. And the buyers aren't much better. I hope you don't see a penny back.

Thats quite a vindictive statement simply due to the fact I chose to purchase some cheap eyewear. If it was so morally-wrong ebay shouldnt allow it in the 1st place. Heres hoping you get run over by a bus on your way home from work, A-hole!

Back