Bontrager Race Lite 1997

Thanx Marc,

I´ve tried to be as retro as I can with this bike.
Maybe some carbon risers...

The wooden plank was on the scales when i zeroed it, so the weight is kosher.

Plus I broke my carbon railed saddle which was a bummer but I got a substitute in a ti railed one instead.

/J

OK, so it´s been awhile since I updated this thread.
Not really an update, more of a change.
Haven´t had a nice Selle san marco saddle since I first broke my ssm ti seat and then my ssm carbon seat :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Thanks to Herb from the states I got a well used, nice and lite ti seat again :cool:

Soon I´ll have a change in the front. Just refining little by little :mrgreen:
/J

This bike seriously makes me happy. I had been following the Privateer thread - didn't see this one. What a cool, cool bike.

Cracking looking bike you have,loving the colours :cool:

Now lets see the bike in some beautiful scenery that Sweden is famous for ;)

Thanks guys, glad you like it. It´s a seriously fast bike :)
Just got a new bar that I´ll put on this weekend B)
/J

At one point you seem to have had the same issue I have now, which is rear brake studs. Mine doesn't have them - didn't occur to me that might be something hard to find. Any suggestions?

Oh wow - you made yours - I'm really not that industrious. Uh oh... :)

Thanks!

Re:

Howdy, it´s been a while since I´ve written in this thread.
I put on the new bar and that lowered the weight about 100 g.
Then I fell and crushed my left elbow...
I was off the bike 3 months before I started riding again, although taking it real easy.
Fast forward to june 2014 and I was out riding my other Bonty, and I crashed again breaking my other arm :O
If I hadn't had elbow protection I would´ve broken my other elbow as well, it was a pretty bad accident. I had just bought a new helmet which probably saved me from concussion.
Sadly now I´m not so much into biking as I got into my Bertone Coupé instead ;)
But I think I´m going to visit a bit more as my interest in biking has started to come back, but probably more in the vein of road biking.

Anyways I wish everyone a Happy New Year!
/J

Jag undrar hur jag inte har sett denna topic förut! Du har en jätte fin cykel!
Ska vi se några nya bilder snart?

Darko.

SLX M7000 brakes!

OK folks, about time for an update!

I haven´t been riding these last couple of years as I crushed my left elbow and less than a year later broke my right arm. Didn´t have the nerves riding...

Now I´ve bought brand spanking new SLX M7000 front brake.
It was really easy to install and luck was with me as it fit my Marz from 2001 :D

Here´s a few pics with it installed. Doesn´t look too out af place I think!
/J

Back