Urgently need to know Kona seatclamp size

Take the old clamp into a LBS and say "One like this please, but not f*ucked". I am an Engineer.

Splatter Paint":2rbzlvg9 said:
Come on then raidan73, tell us the size!

SP

Sorry SP I'll have to leave you hanging on a bit longer. My wife wanted to go out riding tonight so I had to take one off another bike for the time being!

Andy R":1k3944wx said:
RadNomad":1k3944wx said:
The mathematical constant Pi (3.142) is the relationship between a circle's diameter and circumference. Therefore simply measure the external circumference of the seat tube (if you don't have a flexible tape measure you can wrap some paper around and mark it, or use a bit of string) then divide that measurement by 3.142 to get the exact external diameter of the tube.

Mmmm - could have sworn I said much the same this morning :)

Yup.. just giving a bit of background so it will enable anyone to get a result on any size tube.. ;)

Well my best measuring using a piece of paper wrapped around the tube was 94.5mm which means I need a 30.14 clamp! The closest I can seem to find is 30.4mm so I'm guessing it will have to do.

raidan73":1wf1uoph said:
Well my best measuring using a piece of paper wrapped around the tube was 94.5mm which means I need a 30.14 clamp! The closest I can seem to find is 30.4mm so I'm guessing it will have to do.
30mm is closer than 30.4mm.

And it will be 30mm, Kona never used 30.14mm...

Back