my bike got stolen, can anyone reccomend better locks ??

possibly some good news......

might have found out who has the bike and will be paying a visit early tomorrow morning to see if im right, if the bikes there im taking it back regardless of what it takes.

will be getting a better lock before I take it out again.

If you're concerned about weight, I have a TiGr lock that I use. It's a long titanium loop that you would put around your bike like an U-lock. Weighs half as much than any regular Kryptonite. Seems fairly sturdy, not sure how it would deal with heavy machinery, but certainly better than any cable lock. The price however is quite hefty at ca. 200 $.

not really concerned about weight, got some D locks from decathlon that seem good, cant remember make but they seem good quality, gonna attempt to get through one and if it proves hard then ill be getting another

found out where the bike is, only down the road from my grandad, told the police and theyll be paying a visit to them soon, hopefully ill have my bike back :)

Lock-1024x576.jpg

this.

and even then, don't be gone too long, cause there is no such thing as theft proof. bolt cutters and lock picks won't get through this one, but portable power tools will.

I have standard off the shelf wire cutters that go through most cable locks up to a certain thickness within a couple of snips. Tip find bikes usually have a few stuck to them. It alarms me how easy some are to break.

Sometimes I simply crush the barrel and out pops the lock.

Havent popped any d-locks in a while.

And yes, last night I dreamt I had been raided by the police investigating stolen bikes - as most of mine are at least 20 years old officer...

i probably wont get it back, hell say oh i bought it from so and so...
i suspect two soft sod pcso`s will be going to have a word tbh
i dont expect a bike lock to be totally thief proof but just make it really hard for them if they do try.

IF i get it back then itll be my round town bike, M-Trax will be built into a commuter.just collecting all the parts for it first.

the locks ive got now seem ok. still gonna get a chain and padlock though. make it even harder for the fuckers.

raleighrider21":3toxwuqc said:
i probably wont get it back, hell say oh i bought it from so and so...
i suspect two soft sod pcso`s will be going to have a word tbh

Steal it back ! If you have photos/serial numbers he won't have a leg to stand, as you can prove it's your bike regardless of him saying he bought it. Also if it's valuable and he says he 'bought it for a tenner in the pub' that leaves him open to Receiving Stolen Goods !

If they have a word he'll probably dump it (which is what I think happened to mine after police chased a known local toe-rag riding it !). So the only known 1995 20" GT Rebound either went to the tip or is in the canal.

Back