MOTOR CHAT

old_coyote_pedaller":milel8ab said:
Mr Panda":milel8ab said:
We also often stand together at Tesco's beer aisle :D

Are there no any pubs up your way? :LOL:

You are fekkin jokin man - they are ALL utterly sh!te :evil:

45 minute drive to the Clachaig :D otherwise a Proper Beer Desert. And yes, Oban Brewery is crap. Fyne Ales make very good stuff but I canna buy it anywhere locally. Not easily anyway :twisted:

Jeez, that sounds desperate. :facepalm: Still it's "only" 45 minutes tae the Clachaig, you're a lot closer than me. ;)

The pubs in Kinross are nothing to shout about, but at least the rugby club serves a reasonable pint of Guinness and since I'm a member it's cheaper than the local pubs.
Get some homebrew made.

Thanks guys
I do know the guys at wagonbuild so will give them a ring. Used to run into them when I was living at Loch Etive way. Same as Panda, used to pass their place all the time.
I dont want the faff or expense of converting to petrol and also need to do it on a reasonably tight budget.
All help and pointers welcome.
Jamie

Was out hillwalking today and when I got back to the car there was a disco the same age as yours jimi. Feeling nosy, I had a peek through the drivers window to see how many miles it had done... 235600!

Bloody hell 235600! :shock:

Did something else stupid over the weekend, managed to get back into my Buell account on BEG.UK :?

Get my new car tomorrow :) a bit more reliable and newer than the Alfa, still keeping the Alfa though. Should be good for the bikes too, going to fit a towbar next week for a new rack.

Rumble":18n040nh said:
Was out hillwalking today and when I got back to the car there was a disco the same age as yours jimi. Feeling nosy, I had a peek through the drivers window to see how many miles it had done... 235600!

Yeah, they can do huge miles and the 300Tdi motor is pretty tough, shame the rest of the car falls apart :LOL:

still laugh at this :LOL: , pretty scary too how one can look quite tidy but be a complete basket case :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m35VCF1VSf4

Jamiedyer":2oik5ibj said:
Hi guys
I'm looking for a new motor for my VW T3 van after finding the old one is no more.
Its currently a 1.7 deisel and I am looking for a VW AAZ deisel motor. I need a 1.9 TDI from a early/mid 90's Passat, Vento, Golf etc.
It needs to be a mechanical injection model without the ECU stuff the later ones came with.
If any one knows of one or of a cheap car with one in it I would be grateful to hear. Its a real pain hunting one from up here so thought I'd put it out as you never know.
Car looks pretty awesome Mark, I'm sure it'll be brilliant in the winter. Though if the snows really bad you know you'll be spending all your time pulling stuck cars out. As above, I like the colour, though not sure about the front number plate placement ;)
Jamie

I frequently get parts from Overtons, and when I was up North they used to deliver up to Janetstown Industrial Estate for free.
http://www.overtongarage.co.uk/

jimihendrix":ui850qn8 said:
So here's the reason i;ve been quiet on here for the last few months :oops: , basicaly been spending time and money on the Land Rover.

As it is now, 3" body lift, 33" mud tyres, basicaly trying to build a mini monster truck, needs wider wheel rims and arch extensions but those will need to wait till next year.

Looking good! I have been toying with lifting one of our Pajeros a bit, and shoving 33s on it. There are one or two tractor tracks that give the underside a pummelling. While I am at it might fit anti roll bars with a link to disconnect, main problem with Pajeros is lack of articulation. Winter is almost on us and I anticipate a bad one!

Back