15.5" 1992 Palisades Trail - PRICE REDUCED- SOLD

Re: 15.5" 1992 Palisades Trail

The History Man":258cfujt said:
Been out in the shed polishing my U brake. :oops:
You need treatment for this U brake addiction, get help now, before it's too late.

A quote from a past post of yours about the bike
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=210986

"In addition, the brakes themselves are pretty unimpressive when compared to normal cantis, let alone V brakes. They might work better if I could figure out how the booster works (the one with the eccentric adjuster at one side). My advice, stick with the cantis."

Sounds worrying, I like to be able to stop.

Did you get the booster to work?

Presumably there is a different brake lever for the canti and the U brake?

Stange having a U brake on the rear and a canti on the front.

Yes, we figured out how to make the back brake work in the end. I still don't know how the eccentric adjuster works, as it just seemed to lock everything up.

The reason the U brake was fitted (apparently) is because in the smaller frame sizes, riders heels could clip the canti brakes, so Marin chose to use a U brake instead.

As for braking power, I think it all boils down to careful setting up and some nice grippy brake blocks, that's what I've found on this, the Bear Valley and also my Caygill.

If your still interested, I should be able to get to the LBS either today or Sunday, depending on work.

It is, but to12ny kind of has first shout, as he's very patiently waiting for me to give him a postage cost.

Sorry to mess you about, but I do not think that I can cope with U Brakes and Cantis.
I will look for a later model that has Cantis on both wheels.
Sorry again for the inconvenience I have caused.
Tony

No problem, my LBS will not have any boxes until next week, so I've not exactly been rapid in getting back to you.

Good luck with your search.

BTW. Orange C16R's in smaller sizes are about and are really excellent (and underrated) bikes.

Re: 15.5" 1992 Palisades Trail - PRICE REDUCED

PRICE REDUCED.

If there are no takers at this price, I'm getting the disc cutter out, BWWWAHAHAHAHA :twisted:

Well, it's a bit more dramatic than threatening to list it on ebay

Back