Steel frame or complete

Chuck moo

Retro Guru
Hi
I am 5 11 with 32 leg jeans and I have squirrelled away a stash of money and I am looking for something. I am looking for something with a top tube hopefully no longer than 56cm ish and a head tube that is 150 or bigger.

Preferably 1980s but can be flexy either side.

Cheers

I've just picked up a Motobecane frame and forks, which I was hoping to build up, but I'm starting to think will be much too small for me.

Top tube is 56cm, but only 135mm head tube, so prob won't fit you needs, but let me know if you want more details.

Hi
It will be too low at the front for my crappy back. I have a Ti raleigh and it has a 145 head tube and higher wouldn't hurt.
Thank anyway cheers john

Hi

Got this single speed 1970 Cluad Butler Road/path

Its a flip flop hub so should be ideal. I'm 5'11 too, fits me
Perfectly.

Grease Monkey":c3cf9hbz said:
Hi

Got this single speed 1970 Cluad Butler Road/path

Its a flip flop hub so should be ideal. I'm 5'11 too, fits me
Perfectly.

Sorry not the one for me but a very nice bike still

Hi pal. I have this Faggin frameset (or full-bike though it's not finished just yet), Seat-tube 56ctc and I believe top-tube is also 56ctc. PM if interested.

Cheers,

Kal

Darn! Missing the 150mm head-tube bits. The Faggin is a pursuit/time-trial frame so HT is low.

What kind of bike are you looking for, examples? My mates got about dozen steel bikes and a very irritable wife! What's with the 150mm head tube, is it not more important to get the seat tube length correct for your inside leg?

I've got a Bates Cantiflex might suit, but it's difficult unless your more specific about your *needs ;)

With a quill stem you have about 35mm up and down adjustment at the front of a bike, most ITM stainless stems have a min insert line which would give you nearly
40mm of vertical adjustment.

Bad backs can often be relieved by sitting further back over the wheel and having about 2-3cm slope between you and the bars. I've found this the most comfortable set up and been using it about 15 years and I suffer a bad back off the bike too.

Back