BoTM August 2013 - Nominations if you please

Status
Not open for further replies.
secret_squirrel":27hb4gos said:
sinnerman":27hb4gos said:
This month has hotted up quite a lot, im proper stumped this month. :facepalm:

OT - but I have to ask - why is KB wearing what appears to be a Liverpool footy top in that pic?

Big Liverpool fan...! (all the way from Santa Cruz and still loves the game.... :cool: )

Logic.al's 1994 Mtrax
20130710_061010_zps7e84877f.jpg

One of the first real MTB's I saw. One of my unicorns. I love it. It's also my daily rider. All original right down to the brake pads.

I do have the original pedals too. But prefer my SPD's (Which aren't so retro I know)

Question about the Parkpre. What coating did you use for the crank? Powder coat? How is it holding up? I have a set of XTR cranks I modded for single speed. I polished them and they look great but I am sick of having to keep polishing them.

The cranks were rubbed down with 1200 grit wet & dry. Then 2 coats of etch primer which was baked in the oven. Then 2 coats of regular satin black which was baked between coats. Final finish was a single coat of Hammerite satin black on the outside faces. Holding up great so far but expect them to start scuffing up once the trails get muddy.

An afterthought ... how about helicopter tape on your polished cranks?

PopsTrippin's 1993 Marin Pine Mountain..

Never entered before but thought there should be a Marin in here to make up the numbers ;)

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back