1992 kona explosif

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
not so much a resto this one, more of a daily rider with patina/character.

purchased for a bargain price from here after seeing a lusted bike from my youth, the gold explosif's nearly sum retrobikes up for me (missing amberwalls lol) so even though i promised myself and the wife no more bikes...........well, we all know the story lol

basic build will be periodish dx and xt. awaiting mechs/crank/brakes and shifters but have some pace rc35mxc's and some parralax xt hub/citrus mavics that may suite...for now :roll:

well here it was pre clean

after a quick clean with tfr/baby wipes

few bits fitted post clean

looking forward to building it up and shredding through autumn/winter without worrying about scratches etc lol

will keep updating :D

I can see a very nice colour there, almost '95 marin champagne sort of thing :)

Explosif was 'up' there wasn't it, with the steel models.? Looks good anyway and i look forward to progress.

I like the "a bike to ride" and a bike to "whip it's ass" attitude. :D

I have some kona race lite bars (ones with shim, you know) you can have if i see you, or see somebody that sees you, to pass on.

cheers.

cheers dude, think im ok for bars at mo, unless theyre longer than 580mm and ill shout you a chippie tea next ride ;)

That's a hell of a head tube...

Should buildup nice tho... Plenty of black to make the frame stand out...

change of plans :evil: i won a part dx/xt groupset off the bay, arrived and all seemed fine, fitted the rear mech today.....twisted and wobbly :( ..........front mech fits with some modernish shims :roll: ..........brakes are spot on :D .......brake levers are spot on :D .............but the built in rapidfires are fecked :cry: . not happy but thats the luck of the draw i suppose. :|

however, the lx/mavic m231 wheels are sweet and look ace with some panaracer smokes, the rear mech will be replaced with my exage action... for now ;)

sooooooooo, its not gonna be period correct, for now at least and as itll be ridden in all weather itll be rite for now.

more pics to come next week, gutted as i wanted to ride it sunday around donny :facepalm:

Back