The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw one on ebay recently but the asking price (40 or 50 gbp) was a bit high for me. I'd guess around 30 gbp would be reasonable, but then again these are extremely rare and beautiful items.

Sorry for the crappy photo. I just took all the bikes out of the garage, took a photo, and put them all back again, to find my photo was out of focus. *sigh*.

7ORjNudh.jpg

Alpinestars ASR140. Alivio derailleurs and cranks (not the exploding ones!) with Acera-X hubs (I think, the front one might be Alivio), the shifters are cheap friction thumb shifters. FSA bars and Ridgeback stem. Also have a spare straight seatpost.

Is it worth anything, or should I strip it down and chuck in the loft in case I want to revisit it?

EDIT: Size is 22" but with a short top tube, 58cm c-c IIRC.

'I saw one on ebay recently but the asking price (40 or 50 gbp) was a bit high for me. I'd guess around 30 gbp would be reasonable, but then again these are extremely rare and beautiful items'

Aye i don't know if I should sell it, use it or just hang it on the wall :LOL:

Yeah, I'd thought that myself when pondering whether to buy one. I want a brake booster to actually use, though, and I'd hate so see such a wonderful piece of kit get damaged.

Hi all

I am wanting to sell my bike but i dont no where to start with the price,what you all reckon?

The forks are judy sl and are in good working condition with no play are scratches.

The frame is a 20" cc - 22" ct - 22 1/2" tp gt tequesta reynolds steel frame with stx groupset,avid brakes,cat eye vello 7 computer and wtb tyres but back one is bald but i have spare tyre plus original steel forks.
2ebr1tz.jpg

2e2k021.jpg

2ikwrw2.jpg

Re: Unknown Purple Frame - Kona Forks?

Hi to all

I've had this frame knocking about in the shed for the best part of 20 years, and I've finally got around to clearing it out! Problem is, I just don't know what it is.

It was picked up in the BIKE UK liquidation auction in the early 90's and I assume it was a customer's bike that had been in for respray and they went bust before the customer got it back. I can't see any obvious markings on it, apart from the SPINNER dropouts on the front forks - does anyone recognise the unusual rear dropout lugs or the press-fit bottom bracket shell, the top routed cables, front mech roller mount, or Columbus MAX style ovalised tubing?

Hi res Gallery to the pics below - any help in identification and therefore valuation is very much appreciated!

http://jpegbay.com/gallery/002955566-.html#1

Specs are:

TT - C-C = 22.5" / 57.5cm
ST - C-C = 17.5" / 44.5cm
RDO = 130MM OLN
Head Tube = 1.25"
All Top Routed Cable Mounts
Front Mech Pulley Wheel
Canti / V-Brake Bosses
Columbus Max OR style ovalised tubing (TT / DT and bottom of ST)
Twin Bottle Bosses
Circa 30mm Seatpin (not exact but close)

:?

You might be best posting in the main area for identification, then when you know what it is post in here for a valuation.

rjsdavis":33ajjhmz said:
Hi to all

I've had this frame knocking about in the shed for the best part of 20 years, and I've finally got around to clearing it out! Problem is, I just don't know what it is.

It was picked up in the BIKE UK liquidation auction in the early 90's and I assume it was a customer's bike that had been in for respray and they went bust before the customer got it back. I can't see any obvious markings on it, apart from the SPINNER dropouts on the front forks - does anyone recognise the unusual rear dropout lugs or the press-fit bottom bracket shell, the top routed cables, front mech roller mount, or Columbus MAX style ovalised tubing?

Hi res Gallery to the pics below - any help in identification and therefore valuation is very much appreciated!

http://jpegbay.com/gallery/002955566-.html#1

Specs are:

TT - C-C = 22.5" / 57.5cm
ST - C-C = 17.5" / 44.5cm
RDO = 130MM OLN
Head Tube = 1.25"
All Top Routed Cable Mounts
Front Mech Pulley Wheel
Canti / V-Brake Bosses
Columbus Max OR style ovalised tubing (TT / DT and bottom of ST)
Twin Bottle Bosses
Circa 30mm Seatpin (not exact but close)

Rampage":1s12z4dp said:
You might be best posting in the main area for identification, then when you know what it is post in here for a valuation.

rjsdavis":1s12z4dp said:
Hi to all

NP - which main area do you mean?

rjsdavis":2429sr7y said:
Rampage":2429sr7y said:

rjsdavis":2429sr7y said:
Hi to all

NP - which main area do you mean?

Here:

viewforum.php?f=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back