Raleigh Technium Peak 88 (XT)

I should mention that - although this is a 21.5" - because of the sizing back then it is only just big enough for me at a shade under 6 foot (though I have quite long legs and like to really stretch them on a bike)

DSC_0718_zpsc49f11a1.jpg

Don't want to split this and I certainly won't yet but I'm starting to think 'hmmm xt thumbies, derailleurs, sharkstooth u-brake, levers, cantis, nice wheels...'

Rode it home tonight and was impressed, rides like a
more modern bike, sporty and nippy and agile.

I guess £150 sounds quite a lot, it's gotta go one way or another!

Just had a blast along the seafront and took some pics. This is a surprisingly nimble, nippy, point and shoot sort of bike, very different from my 87 Raleigh Avanti. It's quite 'upright' but I can see why it was a competition bike in its day - I'd say it was ahead of its time. Not what I'm after in an 80s bike (which is a tough, comfortable all-terrain tourer) hence selling it.
DSC_1299_zpsa3314610.jpg

DSC_1300_zps7941f4cc.jpg

DSC_1301_zpsf5f7a0ed.jpg

Ok you have until the weekend to buy the complete bike then I guess I'll split it as follows:

Frame forks stem bars grips seatpost bottom bracket seatpost clamp - £30
Levers £10 dibbed
Shifters £25
Rear mech £15 dibbed
Front mech £10 dibbed
U brake £15 dibbed
Front cantis £10

All prices collected/plus post
Might be a bit slow getting them off the bike and sent but let me know if urgent!

Edit - see below.

Re: Raleigh Technium Peak 88 (XT) - splitting soon

None of this is dibbed any more so I think I'll keep it complete and just bump it from time to time. If anyone needs anything I'll consider a split again - particularly if you want a 'job lot' or the frame etc.

Back