And today I did......

Always meant to get a cable puller tool. I'll give indexing another go on one of my builds when I purchase said tool. Friction still rocks though.

Fitted my boxes of shiny goodness ready to take on unfinished business. Off back to Dumfries tomorrow to do the rides I missed after cracking my ribs on the last trip in May. My last chance to get a few days riding together until the end of October. Wish me luck!

Fitted some Continental Slicks to the 'old Raleigh' went for a spin with a smug grin on face :LOL:

Got a 1.5 miles down the road only to notice rear puncture - pushed bike home so as not to damage new tyre only to find I had obviously pinched the tyre when fitting it :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

In the last 5 years I have never had a puncture that wasn't my fault :oops: :oops:

There can come a point V where you can blindly dismiss technology just because its modern.
why be satisfied with less ?

I beg your pardon Dyna, you say this and then start going on about french polishing and hand building furniture with hand tools. Even cabinet makers have moved on to high tech gadgetry. You are so last century yourself :roll:

In my job we work with animals and in stoury conditions which can lead to potential breathing issues. Thus we get once yearly lung function tests, blowing hard or long into measuring devices. Alway leave feeling knackered and hoarse but my lungs are working no bad this year. Based on lung function I'm a 39 year old not the 43 I actually am, most pleasing if only because it massages my ego :D

Rode Ae and didn't crash. A bit disappointed though. It was never my favourite stane but I hadn't done it in years and thought it was worth another try. Most people complain about the amount of climbing, but my main gripe is that it feels disjointed with not a lot of flow. The older original parts of the trail are really rough, with most of the trail surfaced washed/skidded away leaving the lumpy big backfill. It just doesn't feel right in the forest. The jumps and drops on granny green luv land you straight onto rock gardens. The descent down to the bottom of the climb to the wind farm in lovely but it's newer and feels at odd with the rest of the loop. The new diversion round the wind farm is the same. It's built up and drops into ditches on both sides. They've built jumps but the take offs are almost vertical and not nice. All of a sudden and with no transition this 4 foot wide new section shoots you straight into the original narrow rough trail. The final descent was always the highlight but is really rough now even on a 140mm bike. So many corners have been cut its really wide in places and hard to choose the right line.
I did enjoy it but certainly won't be back for a while. Cafe was good though, nice coffee and strawberry cheesecake, served but a pretty wee blonde.

Mabie tomorrow morning and Drumlanrig on the way up the road.

Back