Dura Ace 7400 series: Brake caliper cable tension adjuster

Re: Dura Ace 7400 series: Brake caliper cable tension adjust

Bump - still on the hunt for one of these please....

Me again!!!

I checked all my boxes but i don't have another one. I have had a look at Velobase and there are similar adjusters - 600 Ultegra are similar - perhaps they would be easier to source.

If i se any, i will be in contact. I had more post problems today - see post in Retro Classic Road - not happy (again)!

Richard

Thanks Richard - fingers crossed someone out there has got one. The small snag is, that I've already got a pair (one good and one seized), hence my desire to find the elusive DA7400 version for it to be as it should....

Am also after a busted 7400 hub for the axle bearing cones if anyone has one?

Re the cones - try SJS i think they do cones - you have to look under hub spares. It may be the case that it does not have to be a 7400 cone.

Richard

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TGR":1a2wzs5m said:
Just came across this -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SHIMANO-CASSE ... 461214e599

Might be of help.

Richard

Thanks for both of these posts Richard - very helpful. I'll drop the ebay guy a msg, but it doesn't list 7400 under the compatible parts... but you never know! Will try SJS too.

Thanks again.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am glad to help after the Royal Fail let me down, i am still annoyed about it!

Richard

Evening,

Still no sign of DA ones but i noticed these -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CINELLI-Superco ... 1c35e869fb

perhaps it is a bit extreme to buy this bike to remove the adjusters from it but they look very similar to the DA ones. If they suit, perhaps Campyoldy might have a pair.

Richard

Your adjuster is a Campag part, I have some in a sealed Campag packet.

For sometime I have been looking for the DA part for a pair of 7403 calipers. Although the campag ones will fit they are very slack in the caliper so I am using some cheaper Shimano model adjusters until I can get round to finding the right ones. So I, too, will be following this thread. Behind you.

Roger.

Back