91 Saracen bits

Re: 91 Saracen bits inc karma f+f

No word from mynchiboy - anyone interested? I'd rather the lot went together and I'd rather not post!

Shiny shiny bottle cage ;-)

As I recall you're miles away - don't make me post! ;-)

I'm tempted by the parts just for that cage as a spare! Am miles away and without space. Surprised it hasn't gone though...

It's August and everyone's busy. If mynchiboy doesn't come back I'll leave it a while longer.

jaypee":27q47l3g said:
It's August and everyone's busy. If mynchiboy doesn't come back I'll leave it a while longer.

Yep, it's holiday time...

Apologies not to have replied sooner though, I haven't been receiving any updates to this thread via e-mail. I may have to step aside as I've sourced another frame to mess about with and 21" is probably a little too large TBH.. Good luck with the sale :)

Cheers mate, figured it would be that.

So I'm gonna amend the thread and say I'll keep the frame and forks until the other bits go so that whoever takes them gets first refusal - better all round that way I think.

Bump. Wheels also now available - long story (details to follow)

So here's the rather annoying story re the wheels. They looked in great nick and I think the rims and hubs are so I gave the hubs a full service and cleaned them up (pics from before that). They were slightly out of true so I dropped them into the LBS as I don't do that. I had noticed the rear wasn't so much out of true as 'not quite round' but figured they could sort that. Turns out not without a full rebuild! .

That's outside my budget so I now have available a pair of rims and a pair of hubs - black saracen/wolber on black dx from 91 - in good nick, that happen to be connected by spokes!

Apparently would have been a poor build at the factory rather than a problem arising from use.

I'm not sure how much work and outlay on spokes (if nec?) to rebuild but I'm guessing they might be worth £30 as is?

For now I'm only looking to sell as part of a job lot but will see how it goes. I'll add these to the overall package. Comes with cassette as I couldn't get that off :-s

DSC_0759_zps0469fa9c.jpg

DSC_0758_zpsf030be2c.jpg

DSC_0752_zpsc0946519.jpg

DSC_0750_zps27f273ec.jpg

DSC_0746_zpsd9791c69.jpg

DSC_0742_zps47a0c1b5.jpg

DSC_0694_zps8881a731.jpg

DSC_0693_zps206ff26a.jpg

The only part of either rim that's scratched like that
DSC_0692_zpsa67cb377.jpg

DSC_0687_zps214f8477.jpg

Wear to rims is only really the paint