Great North Bike Ride

Yeah, the B road sections can be busy with people overtaking bikes that are spread out or 3 abreast etc.....but there is loads of miles on cycle tracks.

First 10 miles separates the field.....and also the first feeding station.

I'm doing it on the single speed.....last year was fat bike but its all about fun and joining people who are setting a challenge while making money for there charity's, so it's great.

A week to go and the excitement is palpable :shock:

I'll be playing on the 'normal' Dale again and it looks like saltyman is going SS this year rather than FT (fat tyres).

Hillwalker and Mr Panda, are you guys signed up for this? Are there anymore Retrobikers riding out?

Yeah I'm doing it on the single speed for my sins......

Riding less recently as I have rejoined the gym to give my upper body time to catch up with legs....too much neglect!

Might get one or 2 little rides in before Sunday....weather meant to be nice, just hope wind is.....windy every day here!

Yep, Saturday morning and early pm is meant to be wet. Latest met forecast shows a reasonably warm day with a tailwind to help the football-shirt wearing Geordies on their Argos specials home to Tynemouth :p

Hehe.....past couple of years I done it....I have been shocked at the state of some bikes and riders, even my own workmates never ride until the day....then hang there £1,000+ bikes back up in garage!

Usually the first few miles sorts the field out.....snapped chains and punctures, seats too low and people knackered.

One of my work colleagues borrowed a bike last year to do it and didn't check out the size or set it up beforehand. Spent the whole ride out of the saddle :shock:

Claims he didn't find it difficult until 3 days later when he couldn't even get out of a chair without his legs giving out :LOL:

Most memorable sight was a few years ago watching a bike that was constructed of scaffold poles, seated 4 I think and had fat tyres on it being ridden by some Army types. They really did struggle as it was a windy ride as well. Army, be the best my a$$$

Have had to change my plans so won't be there unless they allow me as a last minute addition. Have a good day :D

Back