Early Muddyfox Lovers Anonynmous

technozen":wqi8i6am said:
Now living in Brighton so didn't have to travel as far this time around!

Another Fox fan in Brighton! You might see me around on my 89 seeker. My wife's Irish to boot :)

Thats my bike too.. 14th birthday present from my parents then stolen sometime in the late 90's..

This is where im at now:

0429c618f6100997c60cce8856c031c7_zps52fcc639.jpg

mrgumby":19hft318 said:
Thats my bike too.. 14th birthday present from my parents then stolen sometime in the late 90's..

This is where im at now:

0429c618f6100997c60cce8856c031c7_zps52fcc639.jpg

Some may say that's a bit OCD :shock:

Nice collection.

Hi everyone :)

After some helpful info from lebuski it was recommended I join this thread as I've just bought an '86 Courier for the missus. It's not new to the forum though as I bought it from maverick ! Here's how it stands right now, as purchased:

muddyfox4.jpg

The mixte frame is really elegant IMO.

Tyres are rotten so I have some modern tan wall replacements on the way. Need to source some appropriate pedals too. Apart from that it doesn't really need anything. I'd originally been thinking of rebuilding the frame with a more modern set of kit but I'm now in two minds about it and might just keep it original. Either way, I'll post more pics when it's fully ready to roll.

Wow, that's a fascinating frame and looks in great condition. You're welcome for the info, but i have to admit, it was the guys on this forum that gave it to me in the first place. What tyres did you go for? I've been looking at Schwalbe Road Cruisers with gum walls, but can't quite make up my mind. Not exactly retro but I've had good experience with them

I stumbled across some tan wall Small Block Eights - OEM from a Commencal apparently. They've not arrived yet but I'll post when they do.

Hi
with the owners permission i thought I would share this picture with you. It's an early Muddy Fox Courier with a BOB trailer attached for hauling loads.

Midweek+020

the owner of the bike runs a blog called Coastrider. I've been following it for some time now and he builds and rides some amazing modern bikes, but every now and then he brings out this old favourite. I've asked him to come on the forum and tell us a bit about his bike, but in the mean time there are lots of pics of the Muddy on his blog
http://coastkid.blogspot.co.uk/

Bruce is well aquainted with us but seems happy to stay out of our world. Not surprised, it costs a fortune to ride his modern kit, he cant afford to come into this money pit :LOL:

Back