tanwall Charge Splash backs £9.99 delivered

rollodes

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I get on quite well with these even though the tread looks a bit odd, they roll fast, are super supple (120tpi), have good cornering grip and look super cool. They have high volume even in smaller sizes so great for us rigid riders.

At £10 each they are a steal. 1.8s or 2.1s available.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHARGE-SPLASH ... 3cd3da616c

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Blimey...they are getting cheaper!!!!

I love these tyres, they were amazing at Mayhem. And as you say, they look cool.

Are these any good. I'm looking to replace some steel mountain king which I quite like for good rolling resistance

ellist":3p57zs89 said:
Are these any good. I'm looking to replace some steel mountain king which I quite like for good rolling resistance

Hi. They are a very high quality tyre with high thread count (120tpi) so are very supple. They have had mixed reviews at their initial price £30 each. They do roll fast and corner well. they have quite a retro round profile, which works well with rigid forks. Pretty light tooo as foling kevlar bead. No punctures yet either...

Not a mud or "very wet" tyre, but that's ok for some of our retro steeds I think.

I really like them. They go on well and look sweeeet!

Rollo

They turned up and look great! Still folded up that is. Dunno what to fit em on yet... Might be a decision for next summer now! Would look good on an actual retro too... Hmm

They can be a bigger to get on and off (1.8 on xc717 anyway)
They are a flat profile. Nice on summer terrain so far, bit skippy on 'chalk stone layed paths'.
Not the best at braking on roads due to a low contact patch as I found out but nothing to really worry about.

Fine for around here, quite a quick tyre. Similar to my 2.25 nobby nics in that respect but lighter and less comfortable.

Bought 2 more sets as at 10er each, you cannot go wrong even if you take them off for winter or more demanding terrain.

I would call them a 'bimbling' tyre.

Not always a perfectly straight tyre when fitted and may have a side to side wobble, but you don't notice it. Not something for a tenner I would worry about though.

Back