Marin Shoreline Trail

DannyB

Dirt Disciple
Just picked this up this today, I know its not the greatest spec bike out there but was cheap and i quite like it totally original even the tyres bike has not done much :) Only problems are some fading to the paintwork and a few odd marks on the frame which i think is oxerdisation of some sort?

Not sure what to do with it yet, If the missus takes a shine to it i could swap over the XT group set from her current retrobike

Quick Update,

Took it for a ride on a local loop last night was not expecting much TBH but was pleasantly surprised the thing rides great once you get used to grip shift! On the road and climbing the rear suspension felt o.k despite it being a cheaper model coil and downhill it felt pretty quick. A quick look on Strava and i have set a few Personal Bests and got a KOM on a route i ride regularly on my hardtail Maybe time to modernise

RickT":3bzx95se said:
Nice - have you made any progress on it ?

Rick

I rebuilt it with modern stuff off my rigid bike (bar the forks they were spare), I'm torn at the moment because i really like the rigid too but i might build that up as a hack and use the Marin as my main bike would be nice to get a decent rear shock on there.

Cool - nice to see another example... I would like to change my rear swingarm to the later design with DB mounts...

Below is the link to mine - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=266995

My bike is only used for "Dad duties" but i cant seem to stop adding to it !

Next option for me will be a new shock as mine has seen better days...

Rick

Cheers,

Just had a look at your thread have not seen any swingarms for sale but the frames do go cheaply with modern swingarms on ebay from time to time :) if i spot anything i will let you know.

Back