Klein Rascal - colour explosion! New pic

FST4RD

Senior Retro Guru
I purchased this frame from a mate, original plan was to put the full M900 groupset on it, source an MC1 and some forks to match and be done with it. But then I thought, well it's pink and purple and Kleins and Ringle go together, so why not make a rainbow mixup?

Frame - 91 Rascal purple pink fade
Fork - Rockshox Judy with spring kit and full ti kit
Hubs - Ringle blue front and red rear
Rims - Mavic sunsets
QRs - Ringle ti purple (have a blue one for the rear)
Nipples - gold and purple
Tyres - Tioga psycho
Cranks - Kooka
Chainrings - Kooka
Post - Ringle
Seat - Dirt Research Ti
Drink bottle cage - Ringle H20

That's all you can see from the pics. It has a pair of M900 derailleurs going on it as well as the matching shifters, purple hyper light bars, Kooka magura levers and fluro yellow maguras, gold KMC chain.

Missing the 90 or 100mm Ringle stem in 1" or 1 1/8"! So if anyone can help!?!? Any colour will do.
Also when the funds allow, a 1" threadless King headset in a funky colour and a pair of either Pauls or precision derailleurs to finish it off. Unless some wants to sell cheap or donate? :D
Also not sure on pedals. They will be SPDs. Those frog speedplay things in the rainbow colouring would be cool!

Attachments

• IMG_20130820_221336.jpg
    IMG_20130820_221336.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 1,490
  • IMG_20130820_221259.jpg
    IMG_20130820_221259.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 1,490
Re: Klein Rascal - sunglasses and open mind needed

More pics

Attachments

• IMG_20130820_221420.jpg
    IMG_20130820_221420.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 1,487
  • IMG_20130820_221454.jpg
    IMG_20130820_221454.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 1,487

Love it ... Not enough bonkers colour schemes on here :cool:

Thanks, I thought I was in for a roasting lol
I just figured that Klein made these fantastic bright paint schemes for a reason, to add fantastically bright things to them.

Since I spent hours and hours cleaning the frame (it had so much sticker residue covering pretty much the whole thing) I thought everything else is going to go on equally clean, then it can start a fresh collecting another 20+ years of dirt.

FST4RD":2ol8lwph said:
Since I spent hours and hours cleaning the frame (it had so much sticker residue covering pretty much the whole thing) I thought everything else is going to go on equally clean, then it can start a fresh collecting another 20+ years of dirt.
Cleaning a dirty old frame is one of my favourite parts of a build - wash, white spirit, wash, t-cut, polish, wax = nice :D.

Looking great so far, especially with those rims :cool:. I'd be tempted to give the fork brace a lick of paint in a suitably fruity colour.

Regards

Fork brace is definately going to get repainted, haven't decided on a colour yet... is straying from the factory yellow going to be too much?
In saying that I cleaned the forks up and they look really good now (brace still chipped to bits).
I stripped the M900 rear mech today and cleaned it right up, added the ano blue jockey wheels and the ano green main bolt thing. Also installed the gold KMC chain. Added a 120mm nos ex Yeti team Ringle Zooka, this will do until I can find a 90mm or 100mm one. Also put the ano purple bars on the bike.
I have to find the M900 front mech and adapter pods for the M900 shifters so I can move forward... they'll turn up... hopefully!

Love it. Sure to piss off the no-bling crowd.

Back