Ten year restoration 96 YETI Sherpa

slimjoe

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Well! This as taken me ten years to get done and dusted!

Cut a long story short, back end was rusted out...Spent years trying to find a framebuilder who could re-fab up a loopstay...Long shot!!! You bet!...

End of last year i had an e-mail from former YETI welder Frank. He offered to help...here we are, a YETI Sherpa with brand new loopstays..I cannot thank Frank enough.

Can anyone help me download some images as they are pretty big? Please if you can help Pm and ill owe you a beer or 2 :D

Attachments

• P8200911.JPG
    P8200911.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 1,465
  • P8200912.JPG
    P8200912.JPG
    242.2 KB · Views: 1,465
  • P8200913.JPG
    P8200913.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 1,466
  • P8200909.JPG
    P8200909.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 1,467
  • P8200903.JPG
    P8200903.JPG
    260 KB · Views: 1,466
  • P8200904.JPG
    P8200904.JPG
    245.2 KB · Views: 1,466
Joe

I demand to see more photos :D and a more detailed write up ...
that is one interesting bike... it deserves the long story

unless you're to busy riding it. :cool: to spare us the time

That looks sublime :cool: I too demand more info and photo's!

Thanks for the kind words chaps. This bike is a very personal build and is not meant to be period perfect or any of that stuff. I built it with appropiate to the frame parts that i like from the 90's.

I intend on riding it! Therefore i will fit a shorter stem when i find one.

The colour scheme again is not a very YETI ish look but it was always my intention to do it this way.

The parts are a bit of mixture. A lot of them are refurbished bits that ive had re-anodised a certain way. The ano is a purposeful mat finish like that found on more modern stuff.

I bought this frame new in 1996 and rode it hard allover the UK until its demise in about 2002!

This restoration is the most personal and important build ive done to date. I never gave up hope for the old rusty SHERPA :roll:

Build spec is long and will probably change with time ie wheel skewers should be red COOK BROS but they just go for ridiculous money.

I hope it is to some retro folks liking.

slimjoe":11s70r27 said:
I intend on riding it! Therefore i will fit a shorter stem when i find one.
Based on timescales to date, shall we call that about 2016? ;).

I think it's great. Understated at first glance, and then closer inspection reveals the investment in time, quality and money. Well done Sir :cool:.

Regards

ridevintagemtb":2hcfxd14 said:
Jen Green headbadge?

Given the patient and perseverance of the man I would hope the lady made it out of silver for him.... :cool:

A nice touch.... :cool:

Latest posts

Back