Member Check in (who and where are you)

im in long riston, ive got a 99 kona lava dome, white industries cranks, pace rc36 forks, ive got road tyres on at the mo but will be swapping them soon, got a car now so will be up for jaunts further afield :cool:

Hi, I'm Karl and based in Beverley just near the minster. Recently got going into retro. Currently own a SBDU 753 with c record and Raleigh banana team with 7400. Have another away being restored at the moment which should land soon.
Took the kids on the sky ride in Hull today and was nice to see some vintage stuff riding around. - wish I'd taken mine instead of mtb now.
Must say that my steel bikes ride nice compared to my carbon.
Anyone on here into their road bikes?

Karl

Maraner161":3mjxcetb said:
Hi, I'm Karl and based in Beverley just near the minster. Recently got going into retro. Currently own a SBDU 753 with c record and Raleigh banana team with 7400. Have another away being restored at the moment which should land soon.
Took the kids on the sky ride in Hull today and was nice to see some vintage stuff riding around. - wish I'd taken mine instead of mtb now.
Must say that my steel bikes ride nice compared to my carbon.
Anyone on here into their road bikes?

Karl

Hi Karl and WELCOME.

Keep a look out in here if you fancy an off road ride now and then.

I suspect that you may be more interested in this area of the forum however: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=12

Kind regards

Trebz

Hi, I'm Charlie, recently moved form Bristol to Market Weighton :shock: Met some of you yesterday on the ride from Welton. Thanks for the friendly welcome; I'm looking forward to joining you on some more rides as and when I can. Current bike is 1995 Raleigh M Trax Team Edition in fairly stock condition -although the gripshifts are gone in favour of my trusty ST-M008s ;) I also have my 91 Rockhopper frame and fork -owned since new, repainted by Argos in Bristol before I moved. BITD I raced it for a season and wore out the Suntour X-1 bits. The frame has survived though and is set to return as a black retro/modern! Current plan is black Mavic rims on Black Deore hubs, black Deore groupset. Bit "meh?" well I might be swayed into Saint -love the black and gold combo. I want to stick with cantis though for definite -they tie the bike to the period. I have some XC pro levers already (black and gold :roll: ). Would love to pair them with some Paul Touring Cantis -but they're pricy.

Back