MacRetro chat and rides thread

Mr Panda":34yr6mha said:
Sorry - I can no longer read that marketing sh!te and keep me dinner down at the same time. Think ahm gonna become Forrest Gump :idea:

:LOL:

agree Mr P and the irony is that someone gets paid to write that shite.

"Titus Rockstar Carbon 29er Frame And Monarch RT3 Shock
From £899.99 £1,449.00 free UK delivery on orders > £20
Be the first in the world. Get an unrepeatable bargain. Move fast. Get faster. Get the fastest Titus ever, and get it for the best price you'll ever believe.
It's ready. Hot from the oven, ready to rock. The Titus Rockstar Carbon 29 developed and tested over the last 18 months, on trails, races, multi day epics - It's finally ready to ship, and this is your chance to get an unrepeatable offer on this 100mm carbon rocket in its very first production run.

It's fast, it's calm, it's composed, it's classic. A 70deg head angle gives high speed trail stability when set with an 100mm fork, but handles the twisties perfectly, and if you want added trail fun it kicks back a degree with a 120mm fork. The 73deg seat angle perches you perfectly for power down performance. Balanced 459mm chainstay dimension gives balance on steep ups and downs. Super low stand over height on all sizes makes this easy to throw around on trail or race tracks. BB height is a 36.5mm drop from wheel centre at rest, giving a 13.2in BB with 2.2in trail tyres.

Hand laid up by the foremost full suspension carbon factory in the world, using high modulus T700 and T800 Toray carbon fibre, we've tuned the mat layup internally and externally to give performance and durability.

High Direct Mount front mech gives brilliant shifting and excellent tyre clearance. 30.9mm seat post, 34.9mm clamp. One bottle mount on the down tube. 135mm rear spacing. Tapered integrated head tube (to fit Orbit C-40 type headset). Rear brake mount is an IS standard. Frame weight 6lb. Geometry as below.

This is the fastest cross country model we've ever made. At a price that other manufacturers charge for their basic alloy models.

So - take the leap. Trust us. Trust Titus. There's nothing faster for the money."

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

TK, I think you'd be fine on the medium intense. On a modern bike you don't want to be running more than a 70mm stem anyway. I'm 5'9 but only have a 30" inside leg and usually run a medium. Great price for the frame, but bear in mind by the time you build it to the spec it deserves it won't be a cheap bike. You'll get better value from a complete build, but them if you're like me you'll change that much it might not be worth it in the long run.

Was going to stick on some rebas and and a dropper post and probably just parts bin and deore everything else for now

I must confess I've liked Commencal full sussers ever since they hit our shores. If you've got the cash that does seem a good deal.

Back