Kona race light 19" frame ending tomorrow!

I mean if it had explosif, hot or even Kilauea decals then fair enough but the caldera was just one of the core range.

I mean if it had explosif, hot or even Kilauea decals then fair enough but the caldera was just one of the core range.

Race Lite was just ridged forks. Not a type of frame, otherwise it was Mountain Shock iirc.

There is quite a difference between a hahana and cindercone in weight and tubing choice.

Either way, what year is it?

Caldera in 97 for example was above explosif/kila as it was a custom of sorts USA made frame.
98 was different in the range I think.
But this is earlier and at that weight sounds 93/4 is lavadome standard.

Honestly with the 170 for explosive to 20/30 quid for lead pipe lavadomes there is quite a difference.

If it was advertised a Kona Frame unknown model, repainted and stickered up as Caldera. You would be telling them the truth at least and the eBay buyer couldn't go against you on eBay/paypal and waste your money and time sending it back. I was also thinking of your protection on the dale.

If the gear cable stops are both on the down tube, then it is a 1994 to 96 frame, so it can't be a Caldera. So the eBay listing is misleading and against eBay rules, even though I appreciate that you didn't know that when you posted it.

The weight is consistent with a 94-96 Lava Dome or Cinder Cone, lighter than a Fire Mountain. The 98 and 99 Calderas were the same weight as Lava Domes but had better quality stays.

You're not mentioning the brake cable stop, but if this was removed when it was resprayed then your listing should say so. I realise that you could run a full length outer and zip ties, but not everybody wants that.

No cable stops and no evidence of them having been removed. I didn't even notice to be honest, when I built it up I used a full length outer,
Which I often do on old konas anyway as they often don't have the rear guide. Mass is 2.05kg.

Back