Retrobike National Series Rd 5: Surrey Hills ~ AFTERMATH

Excellent day out in the Surrey hills despite the late afternoon rain. Thanks to BodCatMax for the route even though a non-rider!?. Thanks to DryStonePaul for the talking me down from a just-follow-me-climb-to-nowhere-when-lost just after the pub. I still maintain my decision to take my ‘rest stop’ before leaving the pub was a wise one for all concerned. To use the trail side in the manner I needed to would have put a stop to all future RB event if a ranger had stumbled (slipped) across the aftermath on trial, I assure you. Thanks TheGreenRabbit for taking such interest in my lower bowel for the next hour. Thanks spencer for the beer & manning up with rotting maggots in your guts. Thanks Gav for driving me there. Thanks for all who brought tat.

Til’ next time.

Augustus":1nzkzjox said:
Only Kingroon's green euro socks could overshadow a Gator Fade Attitude in a picture.

:LOL: :cool:

:cool:

Attachments

• WTF.jpg
    WTF.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 874
I took the opportunity to adjust my rear brake to stop it squealing. I hadn't touched it since Mountain Mayhem so the perfect toe in on the brake pads had been worn off. Apart from the noise they were superbly powerful with excellent modulation. So how anyone can claim that it was a mechanical is beyond me... (I realise that I'm probably labouring the point here.)

So by this are we to assume "mechanical of the ride" is changing to "performance adjustment of the ride"?

null_zps9dad30b2.jpg

;-)

pictures from the day

Attachments

• back view.JPG
    back view.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 767
  • view front.JPG
    view front.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 767
  • snack shop.JPG
    snack shop.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 767
  • tower.JPG
    tower.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 767
Enjoyed this so much I'm making the journey to the peaks for the next ride hopefully with Dave in tow. Thanks to Max for the lift back to the carpark after lunch so I could disappear off to France for a couple of weeks.

Carl.

Back