Help , advice needed ...Vitus 979

benno the red

Retro Newbie
Hi all ,

first vsit please excuse my lack of knowledge but somoene advisd that this site/forum may be able to help

A friend found a Vitus 979 fame hanging around in their loft , just wondered if any one had any info advice as to what to do with it , is it worth anything etc etc. he certainly has no use for it but i guess it would be shame to just bin it

Im gonna try upload some pics but if not ...This is what i can tell you about it

Its got a label on the frame ... Vitus 979 Dural, the BB has Vitus Modele Dispose stamped on it. Alongside it has Brevete Vitus FAB France stamped as well. Campagnolo headset , internal cable housing.

also underneath the BB is i guess a serial no E090475

Other than that its a black, silver frame, not in great nick but would probvably scrub up quite nice

Any help appreciated

heres a link hope it works

http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/benno ... 0016032519

Nice, light, french aluminium frames, they definitely have value and are sort after. Really made famous by Irish cyclist Sean Kelly. Very different when introduced in 1979 (hence 979) with its aerospace glued tube technology. Yours looks a later frame with a grub screw to lock the seat post. It would be worth checking the screw can be moved, they have a habit of seizing up. The tubes are anodised not painted so a lot of scuffs will devalue the frame.

I'd check the sold frames on Ebay. Early frames with a seat bolt have more value but depending on condition I'd say £100-£150. You can sell it on Retrobike if you price it right it won't be around for long :)

Hi both

thanks for that advice , i m not sure as a new user if i can list as for sale...

but i will try later ...

offers anyone !!

benno the red":37qiylm1 said:
Hi both

thanks for that advice , i m not sure as a new user if i can list as for sale...

but i will try later ...

offers anyone !!

No can do offers, you have to state a price, its the law :)

Re: Help , advice needed ...Vitus 979...now for sale

Hi all again,

Could a moderator move this to the classified sales thread for me ,

The photos seem to be working via photobucket and some of you have kindly added some detail about the frame.

So now its up for sale , I did have an offer via PM of £100 but that fell through .

Anyone interested.?

Re: Vitus frame

Hi to all,

got a vitus brevete road bike frame with serial no A030281.
may I be informed with its original colour and model?

regards to all

thank you

arjay

Back