MacRetro chat and rides thread

kaiser":15vd5dkm said:
I have managed to book a day off for biking on Thursday the 29th Aug if anyone is off or interested, I'm fancying hitting a big hill or Fort Bill red or a scoot to Arran either on the road or mtb.

No can do - site meeting in Kilmun, Dunoon :roll:

kaiser":1y0a7gwv said:
I have managed to book a day off for biking on Thursday the 29th Aug if anyone is off or interested, I'm fancying hitting a big hill or Fort Bill red or a scoot to Arran either on the road or mtb.

any scope the following week, between the 2nd and 6th of Sept?

big hill day or bike packing experiment

Comparing a modern bike to a retro one won't work TK. The seat position, geometry etc are not the same. You need to test ride a few modern bikes around the size your aiming for to get a feel for the modern designs.

Yes, but I don't have time as it is so shiney :) - I'm basing it on preferring Kaiser's Pug to Jamies :) which is also a hard tail and fat and probably irrelevant.

it's hardly been impulsive I've been looking for ages for a modern I like at a price I don't mind paying, I'm happy with mediums generally - they normally seem to be 17 inch but this looks like it could be a little bigger at 18

If you look at the geometry section it says its an 18 inch. It gives all the specification in the advert under the descriptor bars. 16" does not have much difference other than 22" virtual TT as opposed to 18inchers 23"TT and slightly shorter wheelbase.
DaveDH had a white intense full susser before his present Ibis Mojo. Very nice bike !

I was meaning mediums are generally 17 inch not this particular bike, but being able to actually sit on one is difficult, I could find another 18 inch frame but with all the variables of angles and sag it will be hard to tell if this is ok for me. I think a santa cruz might be a close fit but they all seem to have gone 29er in the shops. The trouble is at 5'8 I am borderline between the small and medium of most bikes but I don't like feeling cramped so usual ride bigger.

Latest posts

Back