MBUK Star Letter

Tom79

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just thought I would let you guys know that I e-mailed MBUK a while ago with a picture of my newly refurbished Fat Chance, saying that I was really getting into the whole retro bike thing after wanting a Fat during my teens.

They e-mailed me yesterday saying that it had made the next issue's (294) Star Letter feature.

Look out for it, hopefully a nod to all of you guys that have helped me get back into 90's bikes!

Cheers

Tom

Tom79":27pvucyc said:
Just thought I would let you guys know that I e-mailed MBUK a while ago with a picture of my newly refurbished Fat Chance, saying that I was really getting into the whole retro bike thing after wanting a Fat during my teens.

They e-mailed me yesterday saying that it had made the next issue's (294) Star Letter feature.

Look out for it, hopefully a nod to all of you guys that have helped me get back into 90's bikes!

Cheers

Tom

Cool! well done.

Do you get a prize for it?

SpaceFlightOrange":2zz1fml6 said:
Cool! well done.

Do you get a prize for it?

Yeah I get a free Madison helmet....not one I would probably wear, but even so can't complain!

That makes a pleasant change, normally MBUK only ever feature letters from spotty teens wining because mummy and daddy won't buy them the latest 5 grand downhill monster.

Well done! My best friend got a 'star letter' back in '93 (or maybe '94...) by writing a spiel of seemingly absinthe-induced nonsense, and got sent a Mint Sauce t-shirt which he promptly chucked as he didn't like it. I remember sending 3 or 4 letters sparkling with wit and intelligence in the following months, none of which were ever acknowledged. He also won a USE seatpost in a comp, the jammy sod.

Well done Tom ! :D
I entered one of their competitions in the early 90's & won a set of lights - just about the only thing I've ever won. And I'm still using 'em :shock:

Well done Sir - look forward to reading it :D

I once had a letter published in What's on TV magazine, netting myself a fiver :oops:

Regards

Back