gt Zaskar

montytri

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
I'm looking at getting a Gt Zaskar frame and was wondering what the difference is between the zaskar and zaskar LE .
Any help would be appreciated.

The frames are identical. Just different stickers. The difference in actual bike was down to components used.
So if just after a frame. You just want a genuine Zaskar or LE :)

By genuine I mean made of 6061(will be stamped on drop outs) flat ended(not curved) top tube with GT on it.

Hope that helps

There was a difference from 97 onwards in that the LE started using CNC'd dropouts and an integrated seat post collar, while the std Zaskar had the normal dropouts.

but I think in 98 the Zaskar got the integrated collar too...

The vanilla zaskar had cnc'd dropouts and intergrated seat collar from 97 too , next stop a rear disc mount
98 onward I think
Remember the serial numbers usually a year previous to the catalog year
Mike

mikee":3lpkyott said:
The vanilla zaskar had cnc'd dropouts and intergrated seat collar from 97 too , next stop a rear disc mount
98 onward I think
Mike

Mine's a 97 Zaskar (catalog year, 10/96 build date) flat dropouts and no integrated collar.

The 98 did have the integrated collar, but flat dropouts.

Also, if I remember correctly, from 97, the LE was made from Easton Superlite tubing while the Zaskar was still 6061

SpaceFlightOrange":3h147c6m said:
mikee":3h147c6m said:
98 onward I think
Mike

Mine's a 97 Zaskar (catalog year, 10/96 build date) flat dropouts and no integrated collar.

The 98 did have the integrated collar, but flat dropouts.

Also, if I remember correctly, from 97, the LE was made from Easton Superlite tubing while the Zaskar was still 6061

I stand corrected. :oops:

Just looking at a 98 GT catalogue, and from 98, the vanilla Zaskar did indeed have cnc'd dropouts. This means that one I was looking at on EBay must have been an avalanche!! (Looking at the pictures)

Can anyone confirm this?

Also, don't know where I got the Easton tubing bit from. It seems to have been rattling around up there.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back