GT 2x4 fork

Re: GT 2x4 forks | XT U-Brake | XT Black chainrings | 27.0 S

Bump.

I have a nice pair of 3D forks and a near NOS XT 27.0 seatpost for swaps.

Re: Seatpost 27.0 Syncros | GT 2x4 fork

I have found a lovey M733 U-Brake with seatstay Decals and some black chainrings. Still looking for GT 2x4 fork and Syncros 27.0 Seatpost.

jes*b":qbeprzzg said:
I'm after 27.2 syncros seat post - any pics ? Cheers

Please show me pics of your 27.0 Syncros seatpost that you have for swaps, first ;) Or show me where I wrote that my 27.2 is for sale (which it isn't).

If you are putting the Syncros post on a bike with a 2x4 fork it's not really period correct. Bikes from the 2x4 era were sporting chromoly posts with alloy tops like the Tioga's and Deore XT's. Event the 920 models with the 3-D forks had chromoly posts.

Hi Kevin, I appreciate your thoughts!

But Syncros aluminium seatpost, handlebar and stem were available from 1990. Therefore they are period correct If you buy 1st or maybe 2nd generation.

BITD Those people who could afford it or wanted something individual upgraded the stock cro-mo parts to lighter aluminium parts.

Anyway, I might stick to my NOS 27.0 XT post. Heavy but quite nice. And goes well with the XT headset and rest of the black XT 732 gruppo.

By the way: are there any technical differences between 91 and 92 Zaskar frames? My Zaskar, No. 88 from Sept. 1990, still has a 68mm bottom bracket.

I have Syncros 27.0 in black with an issue: one of the bolts does not tighten up (just turns and turns), I think that circular thing it screws into is stripped. not sure if loctite would hold it in place. post is in decent condition, uncut

Back