A bit of Orbit CX action

LGF, I notice you have gold Jagwire Bar-con adaptors on the handlebars with what looks like regular (Shimano 600?) down tube shifters. How did you get them to fit on the jagwire bosses? Angle grinding some metal?

Curious as I can only fit Bar-con shift levers on my Jagwire adaptors.

otherself":2xatt9ws said:
LGF, I notice you have gold Jagwire Bar-con adaptors on the handlebars with what looks like regular (Shimano 600?) down tube shifters. How did you get them to fit on the jagwire bosses? Angle grinding some metal?

They are just standard down tube shifters sitting on standard bar-con spacers - no grinding involved. Its the same way how down tube shifters are used for thumb shifters

Very handy Google pic:

sh21-2.jpg

sh21-3.jpg

barendshifter44.jpg

Washer.right.500.jpg

My own pic via Google!

weight_wheeny_161.jpg

Down tube levers used on barcon mounts on the Norman - down tube levers and barcon levers are one and the same just the barcons are stubbier and allow for a thumbie style rubber hood.

file.php

legrandefromage":32snrt65 said:
otherself":32snrt65 said:

They are just standard down tube shifters sitting on standard bar-con spacers - no grinding involved. Its the same way how down tube shifters are used for thumb shifters

Very handy Google pic:

sh21-2.jpg

sh21-3.jpg

barendshifter44.jpg

Washer.right.500.jpg

My own pic via Google!

weight_wheeny_161.jpg

Where did you get the bar-con spacers?

Looking class that is. Don't see many Orbits about which is a shame. so might be a bit rare?

Loving the build. Those forks don't have much rake, does that make the ride a little "sporty"?

How does it ride on the trails? kind of curious as i was thinking of sorting a CX bike. It looks a blast and purdy too! ;¬)

It just so happens that I spied a Sirius (Orbit's successor, again run by Frank Clements) CX bike with a 631 frame parked outside the local Debenhams last Friday! Judging by the chainset and tyres it had been modified for road use but still had plenty of retro goodies - bar-end levers, Primax roller-bearing headset, those Shimano Exage brake levers with the little sponge pads built in, and a set of the very nice and spindly-looking Shimano canti brakes that certain late 80s/early 90s Raleigh and Dawes tourers used to come kitted out with.

David

Back