motorhomes

mikee":25cv1uo6 said:
At this point at the moment , not shure what to go for tho
Wifey wants the Hilton on wheels , me I just want a 2 berth with room for maybe my rd350 , but defiantly a couple of mtb's
Quite like the talbot ones , the rear doors make a lot f sense for carting shit about
Quite like the romance of a vw tho
Any advice greatly listend to tho

Campervan mike
DON'T GET A VW unless you want a piggy back on a recovery truck everytime you go on holiday or to the shops :roll: :roll: had a vw lt35 that blew the silencer through the sides of the van, massive bang instant write off

You're much better off with a caravan unless you're going to get value by using the camper alot to justify the running costs.

Caravans are a whole different vibe.

I do get the sense for pure accommodation, but for carrying gear and suchlike you can't beat a big van.

You can keep them low profile so your valuables are safer and you can get away with laying up in all sorts of places you would get kicked off with a caravan.

I love the camping thing, in tents.

We then moved to a 2 berth caravan to extend the season and be more wife comfortable, we took to that really well and bought a better caravan but still cheap without going over the top. Love it, it get's us away and doesn't cost the earth. But, wife found it trouble moving, towing and pitching for just a night or two so we've ended up with a Bongo too. Best of both worlds, coming up a week in Woolacombe with both, the comfort of the caravan and the Bongo to take to the beach each day.

We looked to sell the caravan and buy a motorhome instead of the Bongo but they cost a lot for anything decent and are impractical whereas Laura pop's out in the Bongo as it's no bigger than my Insignia.

VW conversions were very expensive for the coolness premium, the bro-in-law does top spec conversions, still too pricey for us.

road_train%20(Medium).jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
highlandsflyer":2mm3i7v0 said:
..and towing an older SAAB too!

Not long ago there was a 900 classic + Toppola offered through our local classified site. 3500 euro. A unique ensemble. They do also exist for SAAB 9000.

www.toppola.com

Back