Whoops, I did it again.

Chopper the ex Copper

Alpinestars Fan
Have bought Woman a Labrador puppy. Regular exercise is good for fighting the MS, so 2 or more good walks a day is just the ticket.

However, I don't want a dog smegging up her Disco, which I scrimped, saved and pimped myself to afford.

So, being the idiot I am I've bought a Discovery 1, a 3.9 V8i with LPG so I can carry the mutt but not have to be too precious about the car.

Needs some work - I'll have my man do some minor welding, and I'll attend to the exhaust manifold, frightening oil leak and shot front brakes, but a clean and tidy 2 owner with 105k for £450 was too tempting for a weak willed chump like what I am.

I heard somewhere that upon the purchase of one's second Disco one gets a seat on the board of OPEC...

Asking around it would seem 15 is the norm for the 3.9I maybe 19 or 20 on a run. With LPG that makes it in financial terms around 28-30mpg equivalent, which is better than Woman's Disco manages.

To put that into context, I used to get 25 from one of these:

1963-1992-jeep-wagoneer-and-grand-wagoneer-8.jpg

5.9 V8, right hand drive, fully leaf sprung, all the toys and went like shit off a shovel.

Possibly the car I regret selling the most.

good luck with the lab,i have 2 and they are flipping fantastic dogs to own.mine sits by the side of the bed and taps me with his paw to wake me up in the mornnings...if that doesnt work he pokes me with his nose.hes thicker than a sack of spanners but hes brilliant.any pics of puppy yet by the way?

Cheers buddy. I'm not a dog fan, but Woman is and now she's been medically retired there's always someone home. We went to look at a few and one came bounding over to me. I got to name him and chose a name to reflect his cute looks and gentle nature.

So I called him Lemmy.

ace name,i know how theraputic dogs are,mine cheers me up all the time.although i appear to be very popular at dinner time with both of them... :?

Back