Missing cat - I'm gutted - FOUND HIM

Re: Missing cat - I'm gutted

Thanks for all your support. I honestly never expected it at all.

Gave 30 flyers out yesterday & got another 60 printed today to post through doors & stick up.

Hopefully he is in someone's house being fed etc.

Will keep you updated

Cats are notorious for going walkabout, they know where their home is though, and it sounds like your cat loves you and will come home, i lost my eldest cat a couple of years ago to an illness and i was truly gutted, she would come to me when called and was just simply an attention sponge, i was gutted when she died, but we had not long before taken a kitten in and she is slowly developing the mannerisms of my old cat which is amusing!

Right now she is curled up next to me sleeping, which she never used to do when she was younger a couple of years back, she has gotten herself trapped in a shed/garage for a couple of days before and i was beside myself wondering where she was.

The sound of the bell on her collar jingling as she sprinted down the tenfoot behind our house the morning she reappeared was the most heart lifting thing id ever heard, she was grubby and dusty so i assume shed/garage, and didnt leave my side for a couple of days after lol!

My parents had one go missing before for a week or so, and they had a random black cat appear a couple of weeks later determined to get in the house, it was only when my dad went out and the cat brushed his leg and left it coated in coal dust, that they realised this 'black' cat was actually their ginger cat 'Sam' and had obviously been trapped in someones coal shed, after a bath, he was fine!

Really feel for you. Your cat is very like ours - and I'd be devastated if I lost Sprocket.
Like others, I've had various cats go missing over the years and all have turned up or been found. Keep looking, keep calling him. And I know it sounds daft but look everywhere in your own garden and next door's - I once found one of my cats hidden in some bushes in my neighbour's garden with her paw stuck through her collar (the cat, not my neighbour). Oh, and another of my cats fell down the back of a book-case - she was completely stuck & couldn't get out. :facepalm:
Might also be worth letting your local vet know plus anywhere someone might take a cat they've found - Cat's Protection League, RSPCA, PDSA, Blue Cross and any local catteries.
I hope he turns up soon.

I've known Cats go missing for weeks and then come back as if nothing ever happened, so don't lose hope :)

This won't make you feel any better - but one of ours has been missing for nearly a year now....

My sister had one that disappeared and came back 2 years later. Then did the same number a year later .... and came back again after ages away.....

All ours are chipped. Which sort of means you at least know that the chances of them coming back are slim.

fingers crossed chap - I couldn't be without Marilyn and we've only had her 9 months. totally understand the cat/dog thing..Catface follows us about, comes when called etc..

149571_10152430955445436_1796281474_n.jpg

Hope you find your cat, silly critters get themselves shut in huts and garages when they go exploring. I have to check my sheds regular with the number of cats around me.
My cat thankfully is a house cat, she doesn't go out, lounges around all day and drapes herself over me when I'm home. Super affectionate and I'd be very sad without her !

my mum went on holiday for a week and when she came back found a cat in her bedroom it had shit everywhere and destroyed the curtains, poor thing had been locked in for a week. turned out it was the neighbours cat and they had almost given up hope. they took it to the vet to be rehydrated and it was fine in the end. the neighbours pet insurance even covered the damage caused including a new mattress

good luck with finding your cat - it is weird how much you can miss 'em.

mine disappeared last year in may time .... but reappeared as skin and bones 11 days later. i suspect she got locked in someones shed/garage who then went on holiday ... and as it is holiday season - see if any of your neighbours are away.

call the usual places - vets, rescue centre, rspca, council (they will make note of any cat scraped off the road - better to know what happened even if it is bad news) .

do the flyers on lamp posts plus go round door to door.

there are a couple of lost pet websites that are worth posting on.

also go round the area calling for your cat - he/she will recognise your voice.

Another one of ours has just gone AWOL. Last time was for nearly 2 weeks. Been gone 5 days now so getting nervous....

Cats just break your goddamn heart.

Latest posts

Back