Today I was mostly riding.....

Not really today but last week...and f***k me is it hilly in Dorset....

Flat on Weymouth sea-front though!

Attachments

• Jan to Aug 2013 170.JPG
    Jan to Aug 2013 170.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 1,072
Last ride of my holiday was on Thursday, 'twas a tad lumpy as it was based on Stage 10 of last year's TdF. I missed out the stage's final cat 3 climb up Col du Richmond as it made looping back tricky but inadvertantly added three cat 4 climbs instead, doh!

http://app.strava.com/activities/74902780

The HC climb up the Grand Columbier has an 'interesting' profile:

Col_du_Grand_Colombier_Culoz_profile_zpsed0f96ff.jpg

Average gradient per km is shown in the boxes. I did have enough at one point and thought about going full on to get the climb over with...and then looked up to see a sign saying 11km to go. About the hottest (temp wise) I have ever been on a bike as it was about 26 deg in Coluz with virtually no wind (apart from me blowing, that is).

Well, that certainly makes my little 25k at 27.5 kph ave look pathetic, but to give myself credit, I was testing out my left knee, which while on holiday last week and due to an over excited horse, came into full contact with a very substantial and solid wooden (thank goodness) gatepost as we passed through the (not quite open enough) gate. :facepalm:

I'm happy to say, that me, my knee and my horse all survived, although my knee does resemble something that has been attacked, front and back (?) with a decent sized blacksmiths hammer. Still, no issues today on my gentle try out ride, so it's back to them thar Mendip hills for me.

You want to get down to Mudgleys' to get that knee sorted out.

Don't loose your shoe mind. Or your mind mind.

bobbinogs":wo70361d said:
I can usually spot an over-excited horse from some distance ;)
You are clearly a much wiser and more sensible man than me.

You want to get down to Mudgleys' to get that knee sorted out.

Are you talking about Somerset cider?

I leave that to others, who are neither wise nor sensible (especially after they've drunk it). :mrgreen:

karl are you sure brighton is not more your scene dressed like that?with you lycra wool combo you should be in for a great night :D

Attachments

• Jan%20to%20Aug%202013%20170.JPG
    Jan%20to%20Aug%202013%20170.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 1,040
Back