Clean Mercian with £200 BIN Derbyshire

47p2":1ikn5q4u said:
Don't see a BIN price on the ad now

You won't see a BIN as someone has made a bid.

When the first bid is received the BIN disappears, so if you really want it hit the BIN and don't bid.
Done that a few times, then did my homework afterwards and got the seller to photograph the bike thoroughly. They get a bit twitchy but I've never pulled out as yet.

I've managed to get a few nice bikes at a fair price that way.

bugloss":1wg5s7d9 said:
47p2":1wg5s7d9 said:
Don't see a BIN price on the ad now

You won't see a BIN as someone has made a bid.

When the first bid is received the BIN disappears, so if you really want it hit the BIN and don't bid.
Done that a few times, then did my homework afterwards and got the seller to photograph the bike thoroughly. They get a bit twitchy but I've never pulled out as yet.

I've managed to get a few nice bikes at a fair price that way.

Interesting, I didn't realise a bid removed the BIN. Could well top £200 now.

Midlife":2bww33n7 said:
.......not sure why, but it doesn't look like a Mercian.

Shaun

Anyone interested should probably ask for the frame number, Mercian usually confirm quickly. I think the lugwork looks Mercian but something is a bit odd about the decals.

Hmmm just been having a look around. The Mercians with seat tube decals have the letters running horizontally down the tube

M
E
R
C
I
A
N

I can't find any like the one for sale

It's not the decals, just the look. Mercian made some of the best looking frames about and this one just looks a little "squashed". The rear end just doesn't look like it should. Maybe it's the photos........

Maybe I'm getting old LOL

Shaun

The seat stays where they join the seat tube don't look normal either - think Mercian are normally flattened, not concave, and are engraved??? Might be wrong, but if I was buying I would ask from frame number.

Mercian only supply transfers after market if they are refurbing one of their own frames, so it would be very unusual to get a set and stick them on any frame, so maybe it is genuine?

Back