Replace c/pull weinmanns with Shimano 105's

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
My 85 Raleigh Clubman has Weinmann centre pull brakes, I am happy with the braking performance of them, considering their age. They require almost no regular tweaking.

But in true Retrobike fashion I have a case of Groupset upgrading disease :oops:

Is it worthwhile changing the brakes for some Shimano 105s, aesthetically the 105's look more racer I suppose, would this upgrade give 'noticable' braking improvement.

Anyone have experience of both ??

you'd probably need deep drop 105's (if they did them) - the standard ones are for closer clearances

They did make 47mm-57mm drop so you should be able to find some to fit. May not offer noticeably better braking but they will be lighter in touch and feel. I'd need to see a picture of the bike to decide whether I would fit them or not....

Tel":koqd8jb5 said:
They did make 47mm-57mm drop so you should be able to find some to fit. May not offer noticeably better braking but they will be lighter in touch and feel. I'd need to see a picture of the bike to decide whether I would fit them or not....

Ill grab a picture, weight is not a major concern, you know what its like - the constant feeling of upgrading :oops:

Back