4 Abbeys National Road Ride Details Anounced

velomaniac":15pydk8b said:
Of those of you attending this ride is there anyone who can swing by Loanhead, Midlothian to pick me up. All my transport plans to attend this meet have fallen through and it will look bad if the ride leader cant make it :oops:

All going according to plan I'll be passing nearby going south from Embra bypass on Saturday morning :D

Won't be able to give a lift back though.... .... .... ....

already looking at 3 probably 4hrs of driving Velo, if you take Mr P's lift donw I could drop to catch a train in Galashields, Peebles or Motherwell if that's any use

RAC route planner tells me my best route is M8 / Bypass / A68 . 90 miles in 1hr 45min so I could probably pick you up Velo ...

I might be able to make this. My wife wants to go down to Edinburgh to watch some fringe thing. I'll know on Friday - it all depends on accommodation.

Presumably this is for a road bike not a mtb. How retro is retro for the road?

Edit: won't be there. Going to Skye Bikefest instead.

In the land of MacRetro we are less scrupulous than retro HQ as regards bike age. However Retro HQ states if the choice is modern or not attending then bring modern but be prepared for a light slagging. My steed is a very scruffy 1981 (I think) Dawes Lightning with North Road bars as opposed to drops so I'm not out to win any prizes. It'd be great to see you again Epicyclo and I'd love to see what road bike is dredged out of that amazing attic of yours.

Velo - can I leave a set of forks with you for Neebo to collect? Apparently he lives near you.... :D

Back