37 tooth chain set drawing

joe careless

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I intend to have a a tattoo of a 37 tooth chainset with my daughters name within it, similar in style to the fretworked chainsets of old, is there any members here that have the skill to draw one up that is correct in engineering terms. It would help a lot as I don't get to see her and it follows the tradition of all seafarers and would mean a lot to this single dad.

find a good tattooist explane your idea and ask them do draw your tattoo, a good tattooist will know what it will look like in the end and will consider this when designing it. if you want a good tattoo don't scrimp on the artist, ask to see a freehand portfolio and make sure you get on with them. a correct engineering drawing of a chainset might be a good idea in your head but will be very easy to **** up on your skin ;)

I got a Hope disc on one of my calves a couple of years back and went to see my artist with a list of links to pictures of the actual rotor on the net. I left them with him and got him to draw one up and was very happy with the end result. Best thing is talk to folk and find a decent artist and discuss with him.

Do a internet search for Daniel Rebour, or Rebour drawings. He was a graphic designer and technical artist in the 50s who specialized in bicycle illustrations. Example enclosed

Attachments

• rebourcampacrank.jpg
    rebourcampacrank.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 323

Latest posts

Back