Banana Falcon 501

cloonaghpat

Retro Guru
I bought this bike this morning. It is a reynolds 501 tubed banana falcon. I had the bottom of the range team replica 22 years ago, so this would of been a similar vintage. It pretty nice. I am just going to clean it up and replace the decals. The second bottle cage bosses caught my eye in the advert. My original bike didn't have have these. I have some old Dura Ace 7400 parts, I think they would look good on it.

Pat

Attachments

• banana1.JPG
    banana1.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 1,514
I took off all the decals over the weekend and washed it down. The seatpost bolt is well rusted. I tried some WD 40. I want to try to save the bolt. It might be hard to get a replacement bolt. I like the exage groupset, the crank is a nice design. I will post an updated photo of the cleaned up frame later this week, the replacement decals are on order. I just did a quick ebay search for the yellow to white fade bar tape and got nothing. That will be a challange. Do you know is there any modern equivalent to it? I want to get a black ITM stem and handlebars for it. The ones on it are too narrow.

Pat

Back