scary numbers

I knew I spelt it wrong, but couldn't be bothered to check the spelling. According to my old man, just about all oil drilling involves fracking of some sort or another.

he's been in the oil game for 30 years. Working and living in Houston now, responsible for all documentation in North America. I guess he probably knows a great deal more about it that you, me, and the nimbys protesting

Pyro Tim":3ss11b7y said:
he's been in the oil game for 30 years. Working and living in Houston now, responsible for all documentation in North America. I guess he probably knows a great deal more about it that you, me, and the nimbys protesting

Game, set and match... :LOL:

secret_squirrel":wkswyxyq said:
What's really getting my goat are the muppets in balcombe at the moment - the modern day equivalent of peasants with torches. Albeit it comfortably middle class peasants wrapped in their Middle Englander ignorant little worlds in a lot of cases.

Eh? Wot? Let's see how you'd feel if it was in your backyard...

...Balcombe is currently a nice quiet East Sussex village, the current infrastructure isn't suitable for industry by any stretch of the imagination, and why should a mining company be allowed to devalue all these peoples' properties in pursuit of a quick buck?

Even if the project was deemed unfeasible the damage will still have been done :|

And there lies the paradox.. A nice QUIET village, in which people don't want shale gas extraction (it's not a mining company!! :eek: )..

BUT.. They DO want to have regular oil deliveries in the winter, Gas to heat / cook in their homes, and particularly in that part of the country - to drive inefficient vehicles which run on..fossil fuel!

So, do they cut back, buy more efficient vehicles, admit and rationalise that they, and we, are all part of the problem?? No.. they wave banners & chant.
The species is doomed..

We_are_Stevo":t3i5e2uh said:
Even if the project was deemed unfeasible the damage will still have been done :|
Eh what damage?
The bloody hippies have done more damage than Cuadrilla have. The laughable thing is that they weren't even fracking there.

And yes I'd rather have a fracking rig near my back yard than a windmill coz I actually realise if we don't get more gas flowing soon we won't be able to power the country by 2017.

We_are_Stevo":hpsjr7ey said:
Eh? Wot? Let's see how you'd feel if it was in your backyard...

...Balcombe is currently a nice quiet East Sussex village
Surely that's the ideal sort of place? **** the nimbys, bring on the fracking.

Chopper1192":134ohmaj said:
If immigration were somehow ended, the UKs natural population trend is in the direction of slight shrinkage. We then wouldn't need so much oil, or to bury more of our countryside under concrete, but the Government sees fossil fuel and homebuilding as the cornerstone of a vibrant economy, so its a vicious cycle within which we've doomed our country one way or another.

My only consolation is that when the oceans rise our village will become a seaside location.

got any figures to back that up cause it sound like a daily mail quote

Back