Various parts for my '90 Marin Eldridge

Korszun

Devout Dirtbag
OK I'm starting this build (almost) from scratch. Got a reasonable '90 Marin Eldridge frame set with original zolatone and fluoro in reasonable condition. It's going to be sympathetic to the original spec but not perfect, it will get ridden so I'm after working parts, save your NOS for others' museum pieces.

I need:
Seat post (29.5 I believe) - Got
Black flite - Got
Bars (flat, would like Ti as an upgrade but tell me what you've got!) - Got
Thumbies XT or Deore, 7 or 8 clicks as I don't yet have a cassette. - still need!
Wheels, cassette, skewers - Got
Seat Post QR - Got
Pedals - Got

Extra items needed below!

Thanks all!

I've got a number of items in good condition which might suit.

Silver Answer Hyperlite bars, 7 or 8 speed cassettes.
Also got a NOS black flite (re-issue), but that might not be exactly what you're after looking at your ad.

Please pm me if interested and I'll sort pics and prices.

I struggled getting a 29.5 post so ended up using a 29.4 as seen here

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=255228

I have recently found one so happy to send this your way for what I paid plus a bit for postage if you want it

Alternative they might have one left, have a look on eBay

Degs on here had a set of Wolber at18 or at20 rims which are correct for this bike, might be worth pinging him

I have a pair of good condition but well used deore thumbies for sale. i am after £28 including uk post.They will look alot better with a good clean.
I also have the matching brake levers,cranks, mechs and a few other bits and pieces if you need anything else.

Billso, PM coming.

On a different note, will a DX rear mech be ok with an 8 speed cassette or should I stick to 7?

I've a brand new chrome kalloy seat QR that you can have..it's not shimano but period correct - say £4 posted?

You should be able to make a DX mech work across 8 speeds by the way with a bit of limit screw fettling ;)

£4 for the seat qr sounds great. PM on the way.

I've decided to go with 7 speed for correctness and I've got some period correct wheels coming which I guess will only accept a 7 speed cassette. However the cassette I have will be 30t on the largest ring an my DX rear mech I've just realised is short cage! Does anyone have a long cage they want to swap? Mine is used but bg condition.

Got 3 sets of bars for sale

Xlite Ti straight bar, with bar plugs 540 mm not cut down a few marks, no logos £30 posted

Zoom 155 cut down to 500mm black alloy slight bend a few marks £10 posted

Xlite Xpert Cross country cut down to 540mm silver alloy again a few marks £10 posted

pics here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96533116@N07/

OK parts update:
Got myself wheels, chain, cassette, chainset, mechs (although I think my cage/cassette combo is incompatible - see above), bars (interested in x-lite Ti above though so will PM in the next 48 hours if the ones's I've got coming are no good), brakes and levers, seatpost, seat qr, flite.

Still looking for:
Thumbies (ones above have gone quiet), pedals (platform), bb (68x122.5).

Thanks all!

Back