Club Roost VCV

Doomanic

Devout Dirtbag
I thought I ought to split my two rides, so here's a bunch of pics of the Roost.

Bought NOS as a frame set, plus BB and seatpost in '97/98 (can't remember exactly :oops: ) and built up with parts from my ProFlex 856 mutant.

Early Hope discs in Mavic 121 rims, expertly built by John Atkins Cycles in Warwick, RST Hi-5 forks with MountainSpeed coil conversion, TiTech Hellbent bars, LX/XT group with a Centera composit rear mech, DMR Chain Device, Shimano M525 SPDs, Wildgripper DH tyres, Flite Ti/Kevlar saddle.

It could do with a better shock, not only is the stock shock shite, it struggled to cope 12 years ago when I was a relatively svelte 14 stone... :oops:
Then it could with better forks to compliment the better shock... :?

And so it goes on. :D

DSCF0356.jpg

DSCF0357.jpg

DSCF0358.jpg

DSCF0359.jpg

DSCF0360.jpg

DSCF0361.jpg

DSCF0362.jpg

DSCF0363.jpg

DSCF0364.jpg

DSCF0365.jpg

DSCF0366.jpg

DSCF0367.jpg

DSCF0368.jpg

DSCF0369.jpg

DSCF0370.jpg

DSCF0371.jpg

DSCF0372.jpg

DSCF0373.jpg

DSCF0374.jpg

DSCF0375.jpg

DSCF0376.jpg

Sorry it's a bit grubby, bit it does get used. :cool:

Here are my twins :D
(Does that make it DH16? :LOL: )

31082011211.jpg

This is pretty much finished just havent taken new pics.
18082011187.jpg

Thats awesome! I reckon a 130mm bolt-up lowers Bomber would be spot on for this thing, I had baaaaad experiences with Hi5s (snapped mine in half).

I used and abused Hi-5's for years without problems and I'm a big lad! Sure, they were never any more than adequate, but served their needs well enough. Technique probably plays a part in fork life, I've seen snapped forks from pretty much every manufacturer and it was usually pilot error as the root cause.

It's getting Bombers now that My bro has bought it.

I broke my first set of hi5s then snapped the 2nd set (warranty replacement) in short order. Mind you they were both very early grey ones.
My feeling is the stanchions were the fuse in the arrangement when the flexy mozo crown was eliminated.
I was hard on everything as a kid though for sure...however I never damaged the subsequent Z1 and Z1 Bams.

Hey guys, I had a vcv back in 1999 and just bought it back from the same guy I sold it to over 10 years ago.

I want to fit a single chainring and guard but just wanted to know what type of guards you guys are using and how you fit them onto the vcv.

Cheers

Back