Dynatech Ogre XT

cymru cowboy

Retro Newbie
Hiya just acquired a mint ogre xt, the guy had everything replaced with Suntour professional instead of the original shimano group set. if can't get hold of the original group set, i wanted to replace the set up for modern equivalent.

have not got a clue what size bottom bracket is, nor seat post diameter so can't even start changing the mechs.

have changed the thumb shifters to exage rapid fire off my m-trax 600 dyn. although they are 7speed and the Suntour system is 8speed works reasonably well.

the frame I've not seen before. the rear triangle is bolted to the seat post with an Allen bolt on either side.

thanks Mark

Hi Mark,

A few pictures would help identify your bike, but it sounds interesting.

As far as bottom bracket size, this will depend on what cranks you are going to fit, as different cranks need different width axles, so pick a set of cranks and let us know and hopefully, someone here can help.

With luck someone will know what the seatpost diameter is, but if you can lay your hands on a set of vernier calipers, you can measure the inside of the seat tube for the post and the outside (near the cranks) for the front mech size.

Good luck with your build.

thanks for that, ill take some pics when i get five minutes, ill put a separate blog on, for the m-trax 300, im rebuilding. bare metal repray and will be for sale on here before ebay, will be rebuilt to a higher spec

Attachments

• $T2eC16R,!)!E9s2fCHBzBR6UNvzLb!~~60_3-3.jpeg
    $T2eC16R,!)!E9s2fCHBzBR6UNvzLb!~~60_3-3.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 988
I think the seatpost diameter is 26.2 or 26.4 - something along those lines anyway, certainly not the more regular 26.8.

Someone will let you know for certain soon enough though.

BB.

I think the seat post will be 26.4, but don't quote me in that as I'm using my memory, which often fails me.

If you fancy trading some of the suntour bits you have for parts you need for your build, let me know as I've plenty of stuff you may or may not want and I'm a sucker for suntour bits for an unconventional pace build I have planned.

there you go, more information on the ogre.

all i know on the sun tour components, its painted professional on the gear facings. (bike in boot of car at the moment) would like to equip it with XT group set. but he i can find out the original spec. would try and fit that.

I`d say the Suntour group is the original one.A mate of mine had one from new.I think the solution is in the name-Ogre XCE,they came with Suntour XC Expert.I might be wrong but Ogre`s only came with DX or XCE groupsets?Incidentally the XC Expert was an excellent group and it had the way under rated Micro Drive.

Back