Wife build, Mongoos IBOC Team 1992 - Finished! pics on p3

Re: Wife build, Mongoos IBOC Team 1992 - custom paint job

Do you know where i can get the marine waterproof grease?
what else is it used for?

Frame: Mongoose IBOC Pro / Team

Fork: Manitou 2, 1 1/18

Headset: needed
Stem: Zoom, 10°
Handlebar: Zansibar 3DV purple
Grips: needed
Barends: needed
Brakes: XT BR M739 V brakes
Brake Levers: XT STM-738
Shifters: XT STM-738
Front Derailleur: XT FD-M737
Rear Derailleur: XT RD-M737
Cassette: XT M737 8spd
Chain: Shimano HG9
Cranks: Shimano LX
Chainrings: Shimano
Chainring bolts: Anodized purple 7005 Alu
Bottom Bracket: needed

Hub Skewers: Ringle Anodized pink
Rims: Modern
Hubs: Modern 8spd / 9spd
Tyres: Bontrager modern off road

Saddle: Needed
Seatpost: Needed
Seatpost Binder: Anodized Pink Alu

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In Australia you can buy Castrol or Bel Ray waterproof grease at most auto stores and hardware stores. In the UK since the whole place is near water I'm sure you'd be able to easily find a tub of it at Halfrauds or something. I can say I've used both on elastomer forks before with no issue, the only thing is that its dark blue so can look a bit dicky with clear fork boots if it gets out onto the legs.

Otherwise a tub of slick honey or Judy butter (they still make that?) wouldn't be a bad investment, but you can use the marine grease on anything, forks, bearings, contact surfaces...great all rounder.

Update time. Just got out from the powder coaters !! :D
DAMN that colour looks so nice. It really cant be captured on a picture, its almost ultra violet!

Now I have an issue with the decals, since they need to be silkscreened and for that to be viable I need like 30 runs :S but cant stop now right? Anyone want a set of Iboc team decals by Gil ? :)

On another note with the forks, the rebound issue was due to old elastomers, I ordered a new kit and they are like new (with correct lube from suspensionforkparts.net

Attachments

• IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 757
Re: Wife build, Mongoos IBOC Team 1992 - paint update

More pics.
The colour really doesn't come through in pictures... its just so amazing.
I think I will swap the stem for a silver one

Attachments

• IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 667
  • IMG_0499.JPG
    IMG_0499.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 667

OMG what with this and your Mongoose you've got two insanely coloured rigs

and all of your own work/imagination

If I wanted a frame with a flash eye catching paint job I'd own either of yours well ahead of any Klein
even if they were both parked up next to a dozen Klein's and all offered for free

Looking awesome! So you need to get 30 sets of decals done by Gil to make a run? I have a '92 Team in the air from America right now...will probably need paint eventually.

Im going to have to redesign the decal set so it can all be dye cut, screenprinting woul be way to expensive (for decals at least, setup cost of 90quid, plus shiping and the decal set for the fluroyellow amp)

Decals are on and the bike is finished. Pics following very very soon (as in later today)

Back