Fat Chance 1992 Yo Eddy Rebuild

Purple! I shudder to the core of my very being, and yet, I am powerless to look away. :shock:

I am hoping there are a few fat / Yo owners watching this thread that could help me with some info … :D

My frame doesn’t have the anti chain suck mounting plate bosses. As the frame is going to get painted I might as well add these so I have the option of using them or not in the future :D

I am looking for the following dimensions :

I presume the dimensions were fixed regardless of frame size / model (did other Fat’s get them or just the Yo ?), info from two separate owners (or an owner with multiple frames) would be ideal and really appreciated :D

Thanks in advance for any help :cool:

WD :D

I've measured on this 95' Yo Eddy
glossyYo1.jpg

A = 7,5 cm
B = 4,5 cm

Thank you :cool: Another question - are they M5 or M6 ? :D

I had been messing around with the bottom bracket, it needed new spacers as the OE ones had a couple of hairline cracks which might have been OK, but would have defo been high lighted / looked cak after fresh ano ... :?

I took into consideration :

* The OE spacers have a small OD. I don't like seeing the edge of the shell if it can be avoided, especially on a painted frame.
* Dont face it = I dont like cracked paint ... :?
* Face bb shell after painting = I don't like seeing a rusty ring ... :? :LOL:
* I wanted to add a bit of anodised colour in the BB area.
* Flame suit on - I quite like the chunky look of external BB's ... :oops: :LOL:

I don't have access to a lathe anymore :( but Rampage on here does ;) :cool: So I had a think and came up with these :

Fitting like this :

To space the BB correctly :

I messed up with the design of the drive side cup a litle though :oops: I forgot about the lock ring :LOL: Turns out the non drive side cup fits well though so some mods will soon see it right. The crank isn't fully on the arm here - the lockring will sit inside the recess :

You might have noticed the slight recess on the inside faces, this is to shround the the faced BB shell / hide any paint chips / stop the rusty ring syndrome etc, I will put a bead of grease or maybe silicon in there before assembly to make sure its all sealed well :

The parts will be added to the purple ano pile :D

I am collecting the bits to start the frame mods (Thanks danson67 :cool: ) :

All stainless steel, other than the clips :LOL:

The bottle bosses are the sealed type, but they will need the heads modifying to match the OE versions :

I am on the frame builders waiting list (Kevin Winter) :D
I have made contact about the decals :D
I have found matching Stainless (rear) and Ti (front) brake mounts :D

More coming soon ... :D

Rick Draper":go216p1f said:
I'd not bother with them, seen people mention the plates moving and hitting the rings.

I had been wondering about that, I asked on fat cogs and the responses seem to be in agreement !

http://www.fatcogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3814

I am still unsure if I will fit / use them or not yet. If I do, corrosion won’t be a problem. The inserts I have are the blind stainless steel type. If I want studs, I will use stainless threaded bar and blue Loctite. I will probably use ano ally bolts though or stainless button heads (either option covered in anti seize).The design of the toothpick will be custom to suit my set up – laser cut stainless using both mounting holes with no adjustment / no movement ;-)

Back