my bike got stolen, can anyone reccomend better locks ??

well atleast it wasn't my brothers bike wich ive been riding a lot lately.
learnt my lesson with possibly one of the crappest bikes possible (started to hate it)
crappy lock wont withstand anything. gonna get another cheap crappy bike to use around town at some point but still going to get decent locks for the mtrax for when its built up.
not really bothered about the bike now just pissed with myself for locking it with the shitest lock I had and not choosing a good place to lock it.
looking at abus locks now. tempted to get the yale alarm lock too

No cable locks. You might as well not bother and just put the money towards your next bike.

On the rare occasion I leave a bike I tend to use multiple locks......I bought three d locks in the last aldi sale for buttons.......should stop the bike going with one 'snip'.......

Budget option, Wilkinsons do these for £14. 8mm boron steel links. You'd need a cutting torch or a long time with a very powerful angle grinder to get through it. I use one of these with a hefty container padlock an a cable round the wheels. Bit heavy but ok in a rucksack.

0276777_l.jpg

looks good that one, gonna go get one tmoz, gonna see what D locks work have in on Monday too, been told I can get a tracker that I can put in the frame too? is this true?

I know the police use trackers on bait bikes but not sure what is available to public (probably way too expensive).
I got this setup after someone glued my D-lock, I got it open myself with a £4 crowbar from B&Q !!

4d5371df-5414-44c4-a109-78b548321c3d_zpsfa66e184.jpg

poweredbypies":2ykne6wq said:
You had a look in decathlon?
not yet, im gonna go for that chain for wilko, looking at D locks atm, gonna go on the decathlon site in bit, aint no way in hell the mtrax is getting nicked.

MADJEZ":2ykne6wq said:
I know the police use trackers on bait bikes but not sure what is available to public (probably way too expensive).
I got this setup after someone glued my D-lock, I got it open myself with a £4 crowbar from B&Q !!

4d5371df-5414-44c4-a109-78b548321c3d_zpsfa66e184.jpg

no harm in looking, that's one way to secure your bike lol

The abus granit-x D-lock with the square profiled metal looks the best but even one of those could be got through with a portable angle grinder or huge bolts cutters. If they really want it...

If you make it more secure than the new Specialized locked up alongside then you're ok!

Back