The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much is my Manitou Three that has pretty worn stantions and and lots of tool makes on. 181mm 1-1/8" stearer... maybe just the steerer/crown assembly is of any value?

Also how much is my project two fork with 1" threar steerer a meer 122mm long?

Thanks, trying to decide if there is any point to taking them back home on a flight and trying to sell them. Might not be worth the cost of the extra baggage.

Hello,

First ask in here after answering hundreds so hopefully someone can help.

Think this is a 1989 Cannondale Red Shred: Excuse shots they were quickly taken by my mobile. It's the U brake/rollercam rear brake model

Steel parts (chain, seatpost QR etc) are rusty, but otherwise frame and forks in good nick. 18" centre top, 16" centre centre. Anyone give a rough estimate? Last one I saw on here was $475 not seen one over this side of the pond (this was an import from America way back when).

Cheers

Coomber. Try asking Harrycrumb. He has a few 'Dales of similar vintage. I have no idea what the going rate would be though.

drystonepaul":1vin8hin said:
Coomber. Try asking Harrycrumb. He has a few 'Dales of similar vintage. I have no idea what the going rate would be though.

Will do. Thank you.

I've only ridden on-road for the last 15 years, and am now itching to have another go off-road. Can anyone tell me what my old kit is worth before I decide whether to flog it all and start from scratch, or stick with what I've got plus a few tweaks and new bits.

Here's the list, apologies for length....

Gary Fisher 1998 HooKooEKoo frame in True Temper tubing and a lovely sapphire blue metallic colour. This was a warranty replacement from Trek for my broken Trek frame. I built it up and gave it the briefest test ride on-road only. Almost mint, just a few small paint chips and scratches from house moves and storage, never ridden off-road, still glossy and gleaming.

X-Lite titanium handlebars with gold anodised end plugs, approximately year 1995

Shimano RD-M900 XTR rear mech, very good condition, almost no wear/play, some small scratches and rubs where it says Shimano XTR, approximately year 1994

Shimano FD-M900 XTR front mech, almost unused condition, bottom-pull but with some minor marking in the cable clamp area where I removed a bit of metal to install an outer cable stop for top-pull use (although would still work fine for bottom-pull) approximately year 1994

Hope Ti-Glide rear hub with ACI double butted spokes and Campag Stheno rim (no disk mounts), hub in excellent condition with no major dinks or scratches, approximately year 1994

Matching Hope Ti front hub with ACI double butted spokes and Campag Stheno rim (no disk mounts), hub in good visual condition but needs new bearings, approximately year 1994

USE seatpost with two different shims, approximately year 1995

Flite Titanium saddle, good condition, some wear but no rips/tears, the original, not a reproduction, approximately year 1995

Onza HO pedals with stainless spindles, still spin nicely, original black finish completely removed, a bit bashed and worn but still usable

Two sets of completely unused cleats and all mounting hardware for Onza HO pedals, one set of cleats never even opened, still have original (although ripped) packaging for second set, approximately year 1995

Pair of Shimano Deore XT ST-M095 combined rapidfire+ shifters and brake levers, both shifters are fully working, complete, and in reasonable condition for age, brake levers have been polished and so are not in original state, approximately year 1993

Shimano STXRC V-brakes, complete set, almost unused (short on-road test ride) approximately year 2000

Quick reply. Near NOS stx rc full brakes probably £30 inc levers. Plenty of the lx going cheap.

Frame sounds ace. But fishers struggle for prices. Might be looking at a small return for your frame ie 80 tops. Best keep and ride. I know its lower in the range and poor condition but my marlin cost me £7. Compare that to what a kona of the same quality would go for and that shows you how markets work for gary fishers and other less "cool" brands (see also saracen, scott and top diamond back frames).

Most of the other parts should be easily priced by searching for sale forum on here. Ti bars certainly valuable.

I'd be interested in the Hope / Sthenos if there is plenty of life left, and no cracks in the flanges of the hubs. I think £90 posted is fair?

Pyro Tim":1d1s0ixm said:
I'd be interested in the Hope / Sthenos if there is plenty of life left, and no cracks in the flanges of the hubs. I think £90 posted is fair?

As an unbiased party I'd say that was a pretty fair offer. Looking through the list of parts I was thinking £50 for the rear and £25-£30 for the front, given the need to replace the bearings, with postage on top, though could be slightly more/less based on rim wear.

£30-£50 for the X-lite bars, depending on condition.

I have a pair of SS red and a pair of SS gunsmoke X-lite camlock skewers.
Both in good nick.
Not sure what they are worth though.
So before I post pics any ideas on approximate value?

I have a white Sunn symp mountain bike bought in 1997, I have had it since new but it has not been used recently, it has a white frame.

Please could anyone let me know roughly what price I should put it up for sale for, its a rigid bike.

Thanks

Attachments

• sunn 004.JPG
    sunn 004.JPG
    424.1 KB · Views: 548
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back